Category Header Menu is Available

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
You are very welcome.  Glad you got it to work.

As far as adding a banner display, it really is not all that difficult to do yourself.  I am not sure how familiar you are with html, css and javascript/jquery? However, I would recommend using one of the many available jquery plugins for image rotation.  Most are simple and very lightweight.

On another note, your request is not uncommon in these forums.  It is clear that the community is growing quickly and that there is a great opportunity for members to share their plugins/additions/designs/modules/customizations etc. in some sort of a community marketplace or at least be able to upload files to make sharing easier.

If you get stuck with your image rotator let me know and I might find some time to help.
13 years ago
I would ask you if you can add:
1) banner rotation changed from administrative panel
2) see pages viewed by registered users and time (always from the administrative panel)
3) A hit counter (for both products for the home page)

if all this has cost money for you I can do a quote.
Sorry but I have little time to learn and create everything

Thank you very much
13 years ago
I didn't realize you were looking for someone to help.  I might be able to help you out but let me ask a few questions first.

1. What version of nopCommerce are you using?  I would recommend using 1.7 as the new ORM has changed things quite a bit.

2. How comfortable are you making upgrades to nopCommerce?  Some of the requests you have made will involve altering a few of the files.  When you upgrade you will have to keep the old versions of the customized files to keep the custom functionality in tact.

3. The image rotator with back end configuration is pretty straightforward.  Are you just looking for a image file list that the user can upload or delete the image files they want displayed and in what order?

4. "2) see pages viewed by registered users and time (always from the administrative panel)".  Would this be something on the main admin page that has a grid or list of when registered users are logged in and what pages they viewed?  

5.  "3) A hit counter (for both products for the home page)".  Confused on this one.  It sounds like Google Analytics would be your best bet for this.

Let me know on these points and I might be able to whip something up for you.

joe
13 years ago
I use Nopcommerce 1.60

1) I create a site similar to http://www.beautyfeatures.ie/ (but I need the banner for the product and not the brand)

2) registered users the pages they visit and what time (example: User A Product A visit to 14:00)

These are the main things
13 years ago
I can't make it work with v1.80. I did exactly as written in readme file, and i always get the same error:

Could not load type 'NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HeaderCategoryMenu'.
\Modules\HeaderCategoryMenu.ascx

Should it work with 1.80??
13 years ago
It should work with 1.8.

The error message you reported says that nopCommerce can not find the module.  It appears you have made a reference to the module but the module isn't actually in the correct folder.  Also, try rebuilding and then publish.
13 years ago
Well i tried and for some reason i get the error every time i try it. I rebuild and i get the
Error  3  
Could not load type 'NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HeaderCategoryMenu'.  
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\site\Modules\HeaderCategoryMenu.ascx  1  

1. I changed root.master

<%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="HeaderMenu" Src="~/Modules/HeaderMenu.ascx" %>
to
<%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="HeaderCategoryMenu" Src="~/Modules/HeaderCategoryMenu.ascx" %>

and
<nopCommerce:HeaderMenu ID="ctrlHeaderMenu" runat="server" />
to
<nopCommerce:HeaderCategoryMenu ID="ctrlHeaderCategoryMenu" runat="server" />

2. Copied needed files into its folders (modules folder and darkorange folder)

3. clicked rebuild and resfreshed.

I'm doing with no source.
13 years ago
Everything you described seems to be correct (except the error).

Here is something to try.

If you are using visual studio and have your project folder located at (for example) c:\nopCommerce and your web folder at (per your example) c:\intepub\wwwroot\site, VS does not automatically sync the contents of these 2 locations when you publish.

If you have opened the project and then publish it, VS will only publish the files that are referenced in the project.  This means that if you directly drop additional files in the project folder (c:\nopCommerce) they will not necessarily be published to your web directory (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\site).  You have to go to the solution explorer in VS (right hand side or view-->Solution Explorer)right click the folder you want to add a file or folder to and click add-->existing.

This will add the file AND a reference which will ensure all the files get published.

If you DONT use VS then just edit the files in your web directory directly and drop in the new ones to their correct location.
Caveat:If you published your project with VS and published with the setting "only files needed to run application" and then try and add the new files directly to your web directory it may not work.  I can explain later if this is your scenario.

Hope this makes some sense and don't hesitate to ask more questions if you are lost or this doesn't work.
13 years ago
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yea im kinda new in .net and not sure how things run even though i've been reading a lot but don't have time due to my work to really get into this.

I only changed files in my web directory (wwwroot/mysite/) through VS and then clicked rebuild. So what would be the best way for me to work? directly from my project folder or web directory? would really to see this one to work for our site.

thanks again
13 years ago
Best practice is to do all of your editing in VS using the files from a location OTHER than the web directory.  In other words, don't ever open or edit your site from the web folders.  

This would mean adding the new menu module/control using the add-->existing item feature in the solution explorer.  Change the code in root.master and then publish to your web directory but this time check "delete all files at source selection".  This will delete your web directory files and replace them with the ones you opened up in VS.  That should do the trick.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.