Category Header Menu is Available

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi joebloe

Thanx for the great Extension.. much needed by the developers. There's Little change in 1.8 that I noticed and thought I should share with others.

CategoryCollection parentCollection = CategoryManager.GetAllCategories(0);

IS NOW

List<Category> parentCollection = CategoryManager.GetAllCategoriesByParentCategoryId(0);

and The other 2 calls to get sub categories i.e.

CategoryCollection childCollection1 = CategoryManager.GetAllCategories(parentCategory.CategoryId);

IS NOW

List<Category> childCollection1 = CategoryManager.GetAllCategoriesByParentCategoryId(parentCategory.CategoryId);

and so on....

Thanx
13 years ago
Thanks for the update.  The manager classes in 1.8 are indeed more useful.  I will try and look at the extension again and maybe update it.  It was sort of a 'quick and dirty' solution.  It probably needs a more robust solution.
13 years ago
Looking forward to your updated extension..... !!
13 years ago
Just one issue in Firefox and IE.... May I am not doing it right... !!

When I hover the header menu the sub sub level (Level2) also got displayed. It only happens 1 time throughout the session i.e. very first time when you hover the header category ??

Any Idea ??
13 years ago
I installed and followed all the steps. The header menu is changed but when I hove the mouse over the categories that have child categories defined, Child Categories are not displayed.

Check the source code of the page, all sub categories were read and are included. It seems the JScript is not getting executed. Any reason why?
I am using IE8.
13 years ago
gurdeeptoor wrote:
Just one issue in Firefox and IE.... May I am not doing it right... !!

When I hover the header menu the sub sub level (Level2) also got displayed. It only happens 1 time throughout the session i.e. very first time when you hover the header category ??

Any Idea ??

Oops I was doing it wrong... Was using wrong method for getting parent level categories... Working Now..!!
13 years ago
i download the files from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VE6PIF7P

But where is jquery-1.4.min.js ? it is missing from the zip file.

Without the file jquery-1.4.min.js, i tried doing it and it generated error saying something related to categoryID xml ...

By looking at the screenshot it seems , the categories will be displayed on the header menu but i have lot of categories, is it possible to display products and on mouse hover of this "product" menu tabs , all the categories will be displayed ? if yes then how ?
13 years ago
The download link is indicating 'File not available'

This menu layout is required for current project I'm working on. I would like to propose that this be made a standard feature for a near future release.

Murray
13 years ago
jQuery can be downloaded at jquery.com.

The download is being hosted by another member.  I don't have any control over the link.
13 years ago
super wrote:
i download the files from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VE6PIF7P

But where is jquery-1.4.min.js ? it is missing from the zip file.

Without the file jquery-1.4.min.js, i tried doing it and it generated error saying something related to categoryID xml ...

By looking at the screenshot it seems , the categories will be displayed on the header menu but i have lot of categories, is it possible to display products and on mouse hover of this "product" menu tabs , all the categories will be displayed ? if yes then how ?

Make a master category called Products, Then all other categories being its Child categories ? Hows that. I am doing it on this website http://www.nfhealthcare.ie/ and works perfect.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.