Category Header Menu is Available

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
"Make a master category called Products, Then all other categories being its Child categories ?"

This is not only the quickest and easiest approach but it is conceptually the best practice.  If you have a need for category navigation and you have more than 5 or 6 parent categories, then your categories need refinement.  You aren't grouping them correctly.  Users can't keep track of that many parent categories.
13 years ago
edix wrote:
The download link is indicating 'File not available'

This menu layout is required for current project I'm working on. I would like to propose that this be made a standard feature for a near future release.

Murray

I'm hosting the file. I have just tried it and it downloaded without an issue. All files that were originally supplied bu Joebloe were in the zip.

I have not seen any other comments about missing jquery, so maybe you have another problem.
13 years ago
Got it now... thanks

Murray
13 years ago
I am getting following exception and not able to display the sub headers. 1st level category is diplaying fine

$ is not a function
[Break on this error] $(id).find('ul').css("left", "-10000px");
# (line 184)
$ is not a function
[Break on this error] $(id).find('ul:first').css("left", "-13px").fadeIn('3000');
#
13 years ago
'$' is the jQuery selector.  Your error indicates that you don't have jQuery installed.  View the source of your page and look to see if the jQuery <script> is referenced in your page.  If it is there, click on the link to it and make sure it takes you to the jQuery library.

That should fix things.
13 years ago
Trevor,

Can jquery be user by multiple things on the same webpage. I have a slider set-up on the main page.

Either the slider works on the menu works...both are not working togather. Both are using the same JQUERY.
13 years ago
Yes.  You only need one instance of jQuery.  Find out what version of jQuery your slider needs and go with that version.  The version I included is the latest (I think) and I doubt an older version will be a problem with the menu.

t
13 years ago
I am using Version 1.80 of nopCommerce

The scripts are in the scripts folder. The path defined in HeaderCategoryMenu.ascx is as follows

<script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/jquery-1.4.min.js"></script>

If I run like this, I get the following error message (using Firebug in firefox), but Menu works fine, but slider stops working

c.easing[this.options.specialEasing && this.options.specialEasing[this.prop] || a] is not a function
[Break on this error] c.easing[this.options.specialEasing&&t...(a.elem.style&&a.elem.style[a.prop]!=
jquery

If I change the path to the following in HeaderCategoryMenu.ascx

<script type="text/javascript" src="~/scripts/jquery-1.4.min.js"></script>

Slider works fine but Menu does not work. I get following error message

$ is not a function
[Break on this error] $('#parent29').find('ul:first').addClass('hSubMenu');
localhost:9090 (line 153)
$ is not a function
[Break on this error] $(id).find('ul:first').css("left", "-13px").fadeIn('3000');
localhost:9090 (line 156)
$ is not a function
[Break on this error] $(id).find('ul').css("left", "-10000px");
localhost

I am confused
13 years ago
Whoop finally got this working on my test site :o) So currently it list categories - would there be anyway of advancing this so that it works with manufacturer lists?
13 years ago
SiK,

I think I understand what you are getting at.  However, I would not recommend this course of action.  Manufacturers are really only for Manufacturers.  You can't arbitrarily add a new manufacturer called 'Womens Outerwear' or 'Board Games'.

Categories are where this type of logic are meant to be to used.  If it were me, I would add all of your manufacturer names as categories under a parent category like "Brands" or "Manufacturers" if that suits your taste.  This way you can also include other categories that will be picked up by the menu.  Your manufacturers can have their own pages and describe things related to that manufacturer.

sanjuk72,

Your error is indeed odd.  The "~" symbol is a web forms symbol for the relative path to the scripts folder.  I find it to be very unpredictable and I usually avoid it.  Here is what I would suggest.  
1. In the header of Root.Master add the following code. <script type="text/javascript" src="Scripts/jquery-1.4.min.js"></script>
2. Remove all other script tags referencing jquery.
3. Confirm the jquery version that your slider requires.  If it is anything less than 1.4 then that is your culprit.

Refresh page and you should be good to go.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.