Migrating store to new host

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 Jahre weitere
Hello,
I am migrating a store to a new host. I have what I believe to be a correct copy of the database and code for the store, however when I load up a page in my browser, the menus all have strange names like: Content.Homepage, Products.NewProducts, etc. Also, none of the images show up.

Here is a link to the store: http://test.clevelandcostume.com/default.aspx

What would cause this? Am I doing something wrong? Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.
13 Jahre weitere
Content.Homepage, Products.NewProducts
That's because it can't find language resource strings (it comes from db).
Images not loaded - on previous hosting were they saved in db or filesystem? check it
13 Jahre weitere
Thanks Lev.

LevGe wrote:

Would this indicate that the database I was given is not complete/correct?

LevGe wrote:
Images not loaded - on previous hosting were they saved in db or filesystem? check it

Unfortunately I can't check it as I did not set up the initial installation and don't have access to the server it was on.
13 Jahre weitere
LevGe wrote:

File system would be my guess here as well.

Check the previous configuration in Admin to see where the Images were stored, if they were set to save in the DB, take another back-up of the database and ftp to the new host then do a DB Restore from the new host DB you have set-up, alternatively if it was a standard previous install, no customisation, Create a new DB and SQL Account, install Nop to the new host, a fresh copy, FTP old DB across to new Host and do a Restore.

You Probably already did it this way before I'm guessing though..
13 Jahre weitere
xxrobrsvxx wrote:

File system would be my guess here as well.

Check the previous configuration in Admin to see where the Images were stored, if they were set to save in the DB, take another back-up of the database and ftp to the new host then do a DB Restore from the new host DB you have set-up, alternatively if it was a standard previous install, no customisation, Create a new DB and SQL Account, install Nop to the new host, a fresh copy, FTP old DB across to new Host and do a Restore.

You Probably already did it this way before I'm guessing though..

Rob,
Unfortunately I don't have access to the previous server where the site was running, nor do I have access to the previously running site to be able to cross reference. All I have is a backup to restore.
13 Jahre weitere
Try doing a fresh install of Nopcommerce 1.20, I think that was the version it was built on, on the new host server, so create a new database, new SQL server login with sample Data, then FTP over a copy of the database and do a restore using your FTP'ed DB, this will tell you if the data is ok and the images are all ok in the database, presuming that the data base structure has not changed from the DB you have to the standard DB of 1.20

If that all works ok, I guess you could then FTP the modified files over and rebuild the site that way but it should point you towards the underlying issue.

Other than that that's about all I can suggested with my limited knowledge.

I think the error's that are being created in the stack trace will mean more to more experiance members of the forum.

Stack Trace:

[NopException: Category template path can not be empty. CategoryID=37]
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.CategoryPage.CreateChildControlsTree() in D:\Softwares\nopCommerce_1.20\NopCommerceStore\Category.aspx.cs:49
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.CategoryPage.OnInit(EventArgs e) in D:\Softwares\nopCommerce_1.20\NopCommerceStore\Category.aspx.cs:59
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

Regards Rob
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.