Standard Product Attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 Jahre weitere
Hi fellow noppers,

I just installed nopCommerce, and am loving it. I just had this one small problem, and am looking for your generous help.

Is there a way to setup a standard product attribute?

ie. I have 30 products, all of them need the mandatory attribute of Size.

It is always Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2X-Large with no variation.

Right now it seems I have to manually go into each product, and repeatedly type the list out. Is there a better way to do this?
12 Jahre weitere
Create the first product with its corresponding attributes and then use it as a template and Copy it(in admin>mcatalog>manage products)  for next products
12 Jahre weitere
Hi eadameg

I don't see the menu options you mentioned. I am using nopCommerce 2.2.

In the administration section I can go to Catalog > Products > Manage Products. But I don't see any way to copy a product or set one as a template.
12 Jahre weitere
Entropy wrote:
Hi eadameg

I don't see the menu options you mentioned. I am using nopCommerce 2.2.

In the administration section I can go to Catalog > Products > Manage Products. But I don't see any way to copy a product or set one as a template.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you have to proceed to edit the product you want to copy: Catalog > Products > Manage Products >Edit (product you want to copy). See example of demo admin here.
12 Jahre weitere
Got it! Thanks a lot!
12 Jahre weitere
I was trying to change the multilineTextbox in Nop 1.90 so that it would be a longer width and less in height (550, 100). See my changes below to the Modules/ProductAttributes.ascx.cs file

It does not seem to change anything in the display.

case AttributeControlTypeEnum.MultilineTextbox:
                                {
                                    var txtAttribute = new TextBox();
                                    txtAttribute.ID = controlId;
                                    txtAttribute.TextMode = TextBoxMode.MultiLine;
                                    txtAttribute.Width = this.SettingManager.GetSettingValueInteger("ProductAttribute.MultiTextbox.Width", 500);
                                    txtAttribute.Height = this.SettingManager.GetSettingValueInteger("ProductAttribute.MultiTextbox.Height", 100);
                                    divAttribute.Controls.Add(txtAttribute);
                                }
12 Jahre weitere
Found my silly issue I should be using the checkoutAttributes.ascx.cs file
12 Jahre weitere
So that was not it - Here is the question

How can I set the defualt (width, height or Cols, Rows) value for the Multiline Texbox when used as a checkout attribute?

CheckoutAttribute.MultiTextbox.Width

I can start hacking the code by commenting out (below)and set it in the CSS - but am worried about downstream effects. Would rather do this right.

txtAttribute.Width = this.SettingManager.GetSettingValueInteger("CheckoutAttribute.MultiTextbox.Width", 500);
txtAttribute.Height = this.SettingManager.GetSettingValueInteger("CheckoutAttribute.MultiTextbox.Height", 150);
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.