Best approach to adding a new page layout (master page)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 Jahre weitere
I have been studying the look and feel as well as the style sheets and layout of the master pages for the last couple of days. For my needs, I will need to implement a new master page and hopefully use as many common styles as possible.

The question I have is what is the best approach to prevent breaking changes on future upgrades? It seems like this would create a branch that may not come back together. Is there another way to create a new page layout without going down this route? I am an experience developer and can implement any solution but having gone down this path with other platforms I am not looking forward to diffing every file in future releases to make sure they are going to break my branch.

Thanks,

Chris
14 Jahre weitere
Hi,

The best way is as you say create a new master page. When new controls are added/updated in new versions, A list of updated files is avaiable.

So you will be able to simply register the new controls within your masterpage in necessary. You can also just create a new theme folder for the styling for your new masterpage.

hope this helps.

mike..
14 Jahre weitere
Great that helps. Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.