Multi-store roadmap. Let's discuss (UPDATE: done)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 Jahre weitere
Hi Andrei , what about the multivendor ? Nop 3.0 will have multivendor admin page ? or multi store will work only for administrators ? our suppliers(multivendors) can use admin panel and add/delete/update products and see orders only what customer ordered from hem ?
11 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:
And here we go. Download the latest version here and give it a try. Almost everything is ready.

Wow that was a record time for such a challenge!! That is the proof that a good architecture  and design are the basis for a fast and efficient development. Thank you!!
11 Jahre weitere
CodeMaster wrote:
Hi Andrei , what about the multivendor ? Nop 3.0 will have multivendor admin page ? or multi store will work only for administrators ? our suppliers(multivendors) can use admin panel and add/delete/update products and see orders only what customer ordered from hem ?

As I've already answered you here multi-store is the feature when one store owner has several sites (stores).

I haven't thought about details of multi-tenant or multi-vendor support yet. But this task is still on the 3.00 roadmap.
11 Jahre weitere
I have tested multistore and its working superbly as expected. My only concern is that it is extremely difficult in the case of thousands of products to go and edit each product to be shown on a store. There should be some grouping option like product categories to bulk edit the products and assign them to a store. I mean that if one category is selected to be included in store 1 then there should be an option to include all the products only in store 1. Or we can add the stores selection option to the bulk product variant edit window.
Also it would be good to know what are the things like products, categories, manufacturers etc on which store settings are currently applicable so that different scenarios can be tested and nothing is left out.
All in all the approach is very mature and practical. Kudos to the developers!
11 Jahre weitere
Plus there should be store wise reports on the dashboard.
11 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:
Hi,

As some of you already know multi-store support will be added in version 3.00 (you can discuss the entire roadmap here). This task is quite complex. That's why I decided to create a separate forum topic. There are a lot of ways to implement multi-store. So let's discuss what and how it should be implemented in nopCommerce.

Here are some points that should be considered/done:

1. Mapping. Some of the entities could be mapped/restricted to distinct shops: category, manufacturer, product, language, currency, message templates, topics, news, etc. I think it should be done similar to ACL (both user interface and implementation). There will be a separate "Stores" tab on the entity details page. There will a checkbox "Restricted to specific stores" (disabled by default). Once clicked a list of existing stores will be expanded so a store owner can choose store(s) to which he wants to restrict an entity. Discounts also could be restricted to a certain store, but it can be done as a new discount requirement plugin. All other entities will be shared between stores. I think that it will be enough for the first version of multi-store. In the next versions (after 3.00) some new entities could be added to this list.

What about attribute shop mapping?
11 Jahre weitere
ZachiG wrote:
Hi,

As some of you already know multi-store support will be added in version 3.00 (you can discuss the entire roadmap here). This task is quite complex. That's why I decided to create a separate forum topic. There are a lot of ways to implement multi-store. So let's discuss what and how it should be implemented in nopCommerce.

Here are some points that should be considered/done:

1. Mapping. Some of the entities could be mapped/restricted to distinct shops: category, manufacturer, product, language, currency, message templates, topics, news, etc. I think it should be done similar to ACL (both user interface and implementation). There will be a separate "Stores" tab on the entity details page. There will a checkbox "Restricted to specific stores" (disabled by default). Once clicked a list of existing stores will be expanded so a store owner can choose store(s) to which he wants to restrict an entity. Discounts also could be restricted to a certain store, but it can be done as a new discount requirement plugin. All other entities will be shared between stores. I think that it will be enough for the first version of multi-store. In the next versions (after 3.00) some new entities could be added to this list.

What about attribute shop mapping?

What do you mean by "attribute shop"?
11 Jahre weitere
great work andrei.

one question: can different stores be under subdomains ? that would be a very convenient feature for many merchants.

thank you.
11 Jahre weitere
i have also noticed that featured products under categories not enabled for a given store , still show on the home page.
example :

store 1 has only computers category enabled.

store 2 has only electronics category enabled.

when you go to store 2, the featured products on home page still show products from computer category ... this should not happen . it should show only featured products belonging to electronics category
11 Jahre weitere
sch09 wrote:
i have also noticed that featured products under categories not enabled for a given store , still show on the home page.
example :

store 1 has only computers category enabled.

store 2 has only electronics category enabled.

when you go to store 2, the featured products on home page still show products from computer category ... this should not happen . it should show only featured products belonging to electronics category

Have you enabled individually all electronic products in store 2 and computer products in store 1?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.