Bulk Image Importer

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 Jahre weitere
We are currently upgrading our storefront to Nop Commerce 2.8 from an old version of ASPDotNotStoreFront and needed to import about 31,000 product images. I know I have read that other people were had questions on how to do this so I thought I would share my solution...

First I added a method to the Nop.Plugin.Misc.WebServices plug in that allowed for image uploads with a product id. This uses code copied over from the admin image upload to add the product image.

public bool UploadImage(byte[] imageFile, string fileName, int productId)
        {
            try
            {
                string contentType = string.Empty;
                switch (Path.GetExtension(fileName))
                {
                    case ".bmp":
                        contentType = "image/bmp";
                        break;
                    case ".gif":
                        contentType = "image/gif";
                        break;
                    case ".jpeg":
                    case ".jpg":
                    case ".jpe":
                    case ".jfif":
                    case ".pjpeg":
                    case ".pjp":
                        contentType = "image/jpeg";
                        break;
                    case ".png":
                        contentType = "image/png";
                        break;
                    case ".tiff":
                    case ".tif":
                        contentType = "image/tiff";
                        break;
                    default:
                        break;
                }

var picture = _pictureService.InsertPicture(imageFile, contentType, null, true);

var product = _productService.GetProductById(productId);
                if (product == null)
                    throw new ArgumentException("No product found with the specified id");

//Add new one
                _productService.InsertProductPicture(new ProductPicture()
                {
                    PictureId = picture.Id,
                    ProductId = productId,
                    DisplayOrder = 0
                });

_pictureService.SetSeoFilename(picture.Id, _pictureService.GetPictureSeName(product.Name));

return true;

}
            catch
            {
                return false;
            }

return false;

}

All of our images from ASPDotNetStorefront are saved by the SKU as the filename so searching them and matching to products in Nop Commerce DB was easy. You can change the query to search for any field (MPN for example) as well. For this I just wrote a small console application that connected to the Nop Commerce web service when a filename/sku match was found and uploaded the image. I ran it on 31,000 images for about 9,000 products and it seems to work well.

Console.WriteLine("---------------------\r\nNop Bulk Image Importer by Tom Bishop\r\n---------------------");
            Console.WriteLine("Where are your images stored? (enter full path)");
            imageDirectory = Console.ReadLine();

string productSqlQuery = string.Format("select * from productvariant");
            int importedImageCount = 0;
            int failedImageCount = 0;

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(imageDirectory))
            {
                Console.WriteLine("Connecting to database...");
                SqlConnection sqlConnection = new SqlConnection(Properties.Settings.Default.NopDatabase);
                sqlConnection.Open();

using (IDataReader reader = GetReader(productSqlQuery, sqlConnection))
                {
                    string[] files = Directory.GetFiles(imageDirectory);
                    string previousSku = string.Empty;
                    Console.WriteLine("Connected! " + files.Count() + " images found...");

while (reader.Read())
                    {
                        string sku = reader["Sku"].ToString();
                        if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(sku))
                        {
                            if (sku.Contains("    "))
                                sku = sku.Split(("    ").ToCharArray())[0];

if (sku != previousSku)
                            {
                                Console.WriteLine("Searching images for sku: " + sku);
                                long previousImageFileSize = 0;

foreach (string file in files)
                                {
                                    if (file.Contains(sku))
                                    {
                                        string filePath = Path.Combine(imageDirectory, file);
                                        FileStream fStream = new FileStream(filePath, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);
                                        BinaryReader br = new BinaryReader(fStream);

FileInfo fileInfo = new FileInfo(filePath);

//Make sure this image isn't a duplicate of one that just went up
                                        if (fileInfo.Length != previousImageFileSize)
                                        {
                                            byte[] data = br.ReadBytes((int)fileInfo.Length);
                                            br.Close();

NopServiceClient client = new NopServiceClient();
                                            bool result = client.UploadImage(data, file, Convert.ToInt32(reader["ProductId"]));

if (result)
                                            {
                                                previousImageFileSize = fileInfo.Length;
                                                importedImageCount++;
                                                Console.WriteLine("Image found & uploaded for sku: " + sku + " (" + file + ")");
                                            }
                                            else
                                            {
                                                failedImageCount++;
                                            }
                                        }
                                    }
                                }
                            }
                        }

previousSku = sku;
                    }
                }

sqlConnection.Close();
            }

Console.WriteLine("Search complete. Imported " + importedImageCount + " images! " + failedImageCount + " failed.");
            Console.WriteLine("Press any key to continue...");
            Console.ReadLine();

PLEASE NOTE: I did not authenticate, you may want to add that or remove this method from the service once you are done using it.

You could even move the DB searched to the web service and just pass the filename. I wrote this fairly quickly but it works! Hope this helps someone as it has helped me!
10 Jahre weitere
I am attempting to use this code to create a bulk image upload function on a nopCommerce 3.0 install.  I am unable to properly implement the picture and product services causing a null reference object error.  I would greatly appreciate if anyone can further advise how to implement the picture and product services in nopCommerce 3.0

Thanks,
Kim
10 Jahre weitere
We've successfully added the bulk image upload function in the webservices plugin and generated the WCF configuration files, which instantiated the product and image management functions, so this issue is resolved.
10 Jahre weitere
Kim,

Please post instructions for all to use!

Thanks.
10 Jahre weitere
Instructions are there for those who have the source code. I currently have no plans on making a plugin if you cannot edit the source code, sorry.
10 Jahre weitere
Currently getting the following:

The remote server returned an unexpected response: (413) Request Entity Too Large.

Just wondering if anyone else has received that error when trying this...

Thanks for your time
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.