regarding adding favicon

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 Jahre weitere
how can i add  Favicon to nocommerce..i use nopcommerce2.65
11 Jahre weitere
nirmaljoseph wrote:
how can i add  Favicon to nocommerce..i use nopcommerce2.65

If I remember right, all you need to do is create a favicon, name it favicon.ico, and upload it to the root folder of your site.

If that by itself does not work, you will need to add a link to it in your header page like this:

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.yourwebsite.com/favicon.ico" />

Remember, to clear your cookies, push f5, and everything.  I have had trouble getting it to show up immediately in Firefox.
11 Jahre weitere
can you direct me as to exactly which folder and file in the NOP.Web?
11 Jahre weitere
is it the_Root.head .cshtml view in Viwes->shared
11 Jahre weitere
thank you i got it now...didnt know wht was a fvicon actually :p thanks
11 Jahre weitere
nirmaljoseph wrote:
thank you i got it now...didnt know wht was a fvicon actually :p thanks

Glad you got it!  Did you have to add that line to your file, or did it to work for you to just upload the favicon.ico to the root folder of you site?  It's been a while since I did mine, but having a custom favicon sure makes a big difference.  

I used transparency when I made my favicon; that way you can show off your logo and keep your favicon from looking too square.  I good example of using transparency with a favicon is the favicon for nopcommerce.com.
11 Jahre weitere
i just uploaded the favicon as you said...it worked fine and looks correct..yeah ill also have to apply transparency
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.