Products, Variants, SEO

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 Jahre weitere
Hello,

I have a couple questions regarding product variants. We sell nutrition products through our brick and mortar store and our website. Currently all products are setup as 1 product record and 1 product variant record.

Here is an example of products for the sake of these questions:
1) EAS 100% Whey Protein Chocolate, 2 lb
2) EAS 100% Whey Protein Chocolate, 5 lb
3) EAS 100% Whey Protein Vanilla, 2 lb
4) EAS 100% Whey Protein Vanilla, 5 lb

There are 2 flavors and 2 sizes in the list of products above.

Questions…
1) Is it better for SEO to leave each product as a separate product record?
2) If I setup the product record as “EAS 100% Whey Protein” do I setup the flavors and size as product variants or attributes? Descriptions which contain nutrition facts change with flavors and pricing changes with sizes.
3) If I setup the product record as “EAS 100% Whey Protein” do I lose the ability to search by flavor or size?

Let’s start with these questions as I am sure more will follow.

Thanks,
Rhek
10 Jahre weitere
rhek wrote:
Hello,

I have a couple questions regarding product variants. We sell nutrition products through our brick and mortar store and our website. Currently all products are setup as 1 product record and 1 product variant record.

Here is an example of products for the sake of these questions:
1) EAS 100% Whey Protein Chocolate, 2 lb
2) EAS 100% Whey Protein Chocolate, 5 lb
3) EAS 100% Whey Protein Vanilla, 2 lb
4) EAS 100% Whey Protein Vanilla, 5 lb

There are 2 flavors and 2 sizes in the list of products above.

Questions…
1) Is it better for SEO to leave each product as a separate product record?
2) If I setup the product record as “EAS 100% Whey Protein” do I setup the flavors and size as product variants or attributes? Descriptions which contain nutrition facts change with flavors and pricing changes with sizes.
3) If I setup the product record as “EAS 100% Whey Protein” do I lose the ability to search by flavor or size?

Let’s start with these questions as I am sure more will follow.

Thanks,
Rhek

1) I guesws separate (in flavor) since they have different content. You can manually configure your SEO  variables
2) Size as variants or attributes are Ok
3) as different products you won't lose it. You can always use product tags as well
10 Jahre weitere
Thanks for the reply.

Would greatly appreciate some other thoughts on this topic.

Thanks,
Rhek
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.