Mobile version of NopCommerce not recognized by Google?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 Jahre weitere
Here is my solution for now. I un-commented the <browsercaps> section of my web.config file (which is how it originally was if you read my previous comments) and nuked the whole browserCaps.config file except for the following:

<browserCaps>
  <result type="System.Web.Mobile.MobileCapabilities, System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
  <use var="HTTP_USER_AGENT" />

isMobileDevice=false
  crawler=false

<case match="/^Mozilla\/5\.0 \(iPhone\;.*CPU iPhone OS.*like Mac OS X.*\) AppleWebKit\/.*\(KHTML\, like Gecko\) Version\/.*Mobile\/.*Safari\/.*\(compatible\; Googlebot.*\/2.1\; \+http\:\/\/www\.google\.com\/bot\.html\).*$/">
  isMobileDevice=true
    crawler=true
  </case>
  <case match="/^SAMSUNG\-SGH\-E250\/1\.0 .* UP\.Browser\/6\.2.*$/">
  isMobileDevice=true
    crawler=true
  </case>
  <case match="/^DoCoMo\/2\.0 N905i\(c100;TB;W24H16\) \(compatible; Googlebot\-Mobile\/2\.1; .http\:\/\/www\.google\.com\/bot\.html\)$/">
  isMobileDevice=true
    crawler=true
  </case>
</browserCaps>

Our site now passes Google's mobile friendly test. I also tested every single UA in this spoofer tool I have without issue. Our browserCaps.config file exists solely for googlebot-mobile now.

I decided to get rid of the rest of the browserCaps.config file because I just don't think it's necessary (assuming 51Degrees is working). Plus, it's piecemeal (despite smarter guys than me putting it together), mostly archaic, mostly overkill, a place for gremlins, and thousands of lines of XML our site no longer has to process for each request. I will say there was newer UAs than my 2007 quote in the file, just not dated. Anyway, please make sure your 51Degrees is actually working before doing anything drastic to your browserCaps.config file as it still has value without 51Degrees.

This is a bit of a moving target, but ideally, our next step will be to upgrade nopCommerce.
8 Jahre weitere
Great work!  Thanks mate.  Much appreciated!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.