Migrate data from 2.5 to 3.1

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 Jahre weitere
Is there any SQL scripts that will import my products, variants, and pictures from my 2.5 working site to my 3.1 testing site? :)
10 Jahre weitere
I would say the best practice is to upgrade 1 version at a time.

Go from 2.5 to 2.6, then 2.7 then 2.8 and so on...

Few important things to keep in mind:

1) You don't have to upload files of each version on your server, you can simply run the upgrade script of each version against your database
2) DO NOT forget to take a back up before trying any kind of upgrade (most important)
3) You need to check if your setting in your 2.5 store for images is set to save in database or on your server directory ? If it is set as database then upgrading script should be enough and it will keep your images in your database (even after upgrading). But, if your images are NOT set to be saved in database, then you will have to keep the location of the images on your hosting server directory - that's it.
10 Jahre weitere
I tried the upgrade path and got errors running the SQL scripts and it crashed my website completely and I had to restore the backup so I don't want to try that again

I have a working 3.1 version now and would just like to import the product data - I will write the script myself if I have to - I was just seeing if there is already something out there

Thanks for the post though! :)
10 Jahre weitere
Did you make any changes in functionality of 2.5version ?

If you didn't make any kind of customization in your 2.5 site then you should not get any error messages and upgrade process should run smoothly.

This might be helpful for you - https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/80/upgrading-nopcommerce.aspx

I would recommend you to take a backup of your database > Then restore on your local machine and then try the upgrade process again so that if anything goes wrong, you are not affecting your live website. And if everything goes well, then load that new updated database on your hosting server.
10 Jahre weitere
Nope I did not make any changes (on purpose) to functionality and sure enough I got errors and broke the site - I'm not here to troubleshoot that or continue to bang my head on that idea, I've moved on... I'm not interested in figuring out the problem either - just want the 1000 or so products imported into the new site

to add - if something somewhere along the lines got broke on my old site then starting with a fresh install would be what I want to do anyway so that is the way I'm going

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.