Is Volusion trying to scare people away from Nopcommerce?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:

Maybe... I really appreciate if some of you also submit a complain about these ads.

Done.  I have submitted all four of volusion's ads and also the one from virtocommerce.com.

eadameg wrote:
Using this approach I found another ad from virtocommerce.com‎ which violates trademark and confirms the good news

Yes, I saw that one as well.  It makes me wonder... Do you think that these companies run ads against all other open scource shopping carts or do you think they are just going after nopcommerce?

Nop-Templates.com wrote:
Really mind-boggling how a company like Volusion can go so low!!!

I felt the same way... I thought that a big company like that would be more professional.

Nop-Templates.com wrote:
The good news though is that nopCommerce must now be stepping on the toes of the big players :-).

Positive thinking. :-) Yes I agree. I think this confirms that nopcommerce is going in the right direction.
10 Jahre weitere
Nop-Templates.com wrote:

I've just played with other shopping cart name keywords (magentocommerce, prestashop, oscommerce, shopify, a lot of others). Volusion is in all of them which similar ads. Really low...
10 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:
I've just played with other shopping cart name keywords (magentocommerce, prestashop, oscommerce, shopify, a lot of others). Volusion is in all of them which similar ads. Really low...

Volusion is simply trying to get customers by defaming its competitors rather than by its own merits.
10 Jahre weitere
Seems that those two most offensive ads are removed ("don't trust..." and "not safe..."). Now waiting for Google to remove all the other ones.
10 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:
Seems that those two most offensive ads are removed ("don't trust..." and "not safe..."). Now waiting for Google to remove all the other ones.

Great!! Volusion could even be suspended according to Google policies:

What happens if I violate this policy?

Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
10 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:
Seems that those two most offensive ads are removed ("don't trust..." and "not safe...")...

That's good news!

eadameg wrote:
...Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup...

Hi Eduardo,

I was thinking there might be a policy like that.  Thanks for posting it.  

For everyone that is reading this thread, be sure to report any negative google ads against nopcommerce here.  As Eduardo has shown us, it can really make a difference.  :-)
10 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:

The "Not Safe with nopCommerce - Don’t Risk Getting Attacked‎" one still comes up if doing a search from Google Australia

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=nopcommerce&meta=cr%3DcountryAU#hl=en&q=nopcommerce&tbas=0

Have reported it.
10 Jahre weitere
TonyMa wrote:

The "Not Safe with nopCommerce - Don’t Risk Getting Attacked‎" one still comes up if doing a search from Google Australia

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=nopcommerce&meta=cr%3DcountryAU#hl=en&q=nopcommerce&tbas=0

Have reported it.

I reported it too
10 Jahre weitere
eadameg wrote:

I reported it too

The Google .au one seems to be gone now  :)
10 Jahre weitere
TonyMa wrote:

I reported it too

The Google .au one seems to be gone now  :)

Mmmmm I have just seen both negative ads :-/

In the case of Magento I have seen that they don't use the word Magento or defamating ads. Maybe Magento has complained against defamation and violation of trademark rights. Volusion ads for Magento search word are like, which can't be legally fought these:

Starting an Online Store? - Forget the Programming Headaches‎
www.volusion.com/vsMagento‎
See Why Volusion® Is A Better Pick.
Volusion has 614 followers on Google+

Starting an Online Store? - Volusion.com‎
www.volusion.com/vsMagento‎
Forget the Programming Headaches. See Why Volusion® Is A Better Pick.
Volusion has 614 followers on Google+
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.