Feature request: Different favicon per store (Multistore)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 Jahre weitere
It is nice being able to specify an icon for each store.

However, it seems it can become a bit more complicated once you consider other/mobile platforms (and higher resolution displays)

See http://realfavicongenerator.net/ to generate multiple versions for each platform given a high resolution base file. The code Real Favicon Generator suggests to put in the headers is:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57" href="/apple-touch-icon-57x57.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="/apple-touch-icon-114x114.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="/apple-touch-icon-72x72.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="/apple-touch-icon-144x144.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="60x60" href="/apple-touch-icon-60x60.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="120x120" href="/apple-touch-icon-120x120.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="/apple-touch-icon-76x76.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="/apple-touch-icon-152x152.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-196x196.png" sizes="196x196">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-160x160.png" sizes="160x160">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-96x96.png" sizes="96x96">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-16x16.png" sizes="16x16">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-32x32.png" sizes="32x32">
<meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#da532c">
<meta name="msapplication-TileImage" content="/mstile-144x144.png">

I'm guessing that if we really want to do this, in addition of placing a favicon-{StoreId}.ico in the root folder, we could place the corresponding files (maybe a sub directory per store?) and add these headers. Is there a way to add per-store headers?
8 Jahre weitere
I know I'm late to the party here, but dude...those are png files...not ico's.
Actual icon files (.ico) have the capacity to have multiple size variations defined within them, that render differently depending on the device viewing them.
8 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:
Just upload a favicon-{0}.ico file where {0} is your store ID. If such file doesn't exist, then the default one will be used - favicon.ico

Are the curly braces to encapsulate the 0 in the example only, or are they actually required in the file name too?
I tried it with and without the curly braces, cleared cache each time on site and my PC and still only the original icon appears on store 1 and store 2....

Nevermind...I guess I just didn't "wait" long enough...it's working...without the curly braces.
8 Jahre weitere
It can take a while (days) for some browsers to refresh the favicon, so be patient...

On the PNGs on the prior post. That's the way it has evolved. If you "bookmark" a site to show up on the home screen of these devices (ie, on an iPad in Safari, you specify you want to show it on the home screen), it should use the specified PNG (given that most sites' existing ICOs don't take advantage of the multi-dimensions and/or are Windows specific, so Apple and Google opted to use a different PNG for each size, and MS seems to follow suit - besides adding the option to have different background colors rather than transparency, and newer versions of Android requiring to have an app name including with the icon).
8 Jahre weitere
I have a doubt, I have to use favicon-{store_id}.ico where my id is 2 for example favicon-{store_2}.ico or favicon-{2}.ico? My ID is only seen in Data Base, OK?
6 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:
Just upload a favicon-{0}.ico file where {0} is your store ID. If such file doesn't exist, then the default one will be used - favicon.ico

just meet this need to be fixed. very nice. appreciated!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.