Where do forum total posts get updated?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 Jahre weitere
I am trying to find the method which increments a users post by 1, i think I have been working to long because I can't see it.

Any help?

Thanks
14 Jahre weitere
I'm having a hard time tracking it down also.  Must be something magical.
14 Jahre weitere
Maybe its a trigger in the database....let me see..
14 Jahre weitere
Okay don't see any triggers..
14 Jahre weitere
Stored Procedure Nop_CustomerUpdateCounts updates the table Nop_Customer with the number of Posts the customer has (Nop_Customer.TotalForumPosts) based on the count of their userID in table Nop_Forums_Post.

SP Nop_CustomerUpdateCounts is executed from SP Nop_Forums_PostInsert.

SP Nop_Forums_PostInsert is executed by SQLForumProvider.InsertPost() (Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Content\Forums\SQLForumProvider.cs).

14 Jahre weitere
ohhh yeah...I just came back to say the same...I actually looked at Nop_Forums_PostInsert SP when first posted but somehow I missed it.
14 Jahre weitere
cheers, folks...
13 Jahre weitere
Were you guys researching this as part of moving the ForumProvider to another database? I'm interested in doing that and it looks like I would lose the customer post count functionality if I did. It looks pretty straightforward otherwise since the customerID is not a FK in any of the Nop_Forum* tables.

Has anyone tried breaking out the forum into its own database?

Many thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.