Discount requirement

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 Jahre weitere
Hi,

Is there any way to apply discount coupon code on order subtotal ,except of some products (coupon code will not apply on that products and in order subtotal their original price will be calculted)

Best Regards,
AhsanMuneer
9 Jahre weitere
Is it possible?

Best Regards,
AhsanMuneer
9 Jahre weitere
It would require custom coding
9 Jahre weitere
You are essentially writing a plugin that reverse the true false of this plugin.

Nop.Plugin.DiscountRules.HasOneProduct
9 Jahre weitere
@sunnyw
I think there's more to it than that.  I read "coupon code will not apply on that products and in order subtotal their original price will be calculted)" to mean apply the discount to all the products in the cart (order subtotal) EXCEPT "some products".  So this is more like a new 'Discount Type' (not a Requirement [edited]), and rather than "Apply to products", it would be e.g. "Apply to products except"
9 Jahre weitere
@New York

Thanks New York for clarifying and letting me on the right path
So, this type of Discount requirement is possible to be available in nopCommerce or i should have to develop it from the scratch.
Please share your suggestions

Best Regards,
Ahsan Muneer
9 Jahre weitere
It's not available, and it won't be easy to do as a plugin, because it's not a Requirement, it's a Discount Type; nopC does not have Discount Type Plugins.
9 Jahre weitere
Ahsan you will struggle change current whole discount system, but in your case is a bit simpler that I was need go through.

What can you do:
Implement one more property for the product (something like NonSubtotalDiscountable).
Then change core code, at the time of basket subtotal calculation not to include that product into the discount at the time of subtotal calculation if it's % discount.

Discounts itself not easy tasks. I've implemented spread subtotal discount onto the products according onto company requirements (fashion sector always have biggest returns rate because of the sizes. Often customers retuning items because did not fit or not comfortable) which simplified returns processing a lot.

Another discount is free product along with other product. the problem why original discounts can't do that, because it's not comparing quantity of products could be discounted based on main products in the basket.

But both types of discounts implemented as a patches, not some kind of redevelopment original code, just because complication of discounts workflow. That's mean need to be very careful with mixing discounts types per order.

And that the reason why a lot of customers so much awaiting Discount Types as a plugin rather then embedded workflow.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.