Getting installtion error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 Jahre weitere
Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 91:       </expressionBuilders>
Line 92:     </compilation>
Line 93:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 94:       <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 95:     </authentication>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopcommercestore\web.config    Line: 93

Please help to resolve the problem

Thanks
14 Jahre weitere
did you configure the application/virtual directory in IIS? this is usually why this happens
14 Jahre weitere
Configure your virtual directory in IIS.

Regards,
Adil
14 Jahre weitere
Hi,

Thanks all for your replies. But i am new to asp.net, would some guide me how to configure IIS?

Very thanks

Sarfraz
14 Jahre weitere
this article might help

http://www.netomatix.com/Development/IIS7Configuration.aspx

if you don't run IIS7, you can probably find a similar article via a search engine
14 Jahre weitere
Hi,

Once again thanks for all of you. I have now configured and now can see the installation process.

Cheers
13 Jahre weitere
hi all.

I was following the steps in this link :http://www.netomatix.com/Development/IIS7Configuration.aspx

but when I got to point :

5. Authentication

I can not find other than Anonymous Authentication!!!

I don't have any other Authentications like Forms or Windows

what should I do??

please Help.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.