nopCommerce Enterprise Edition v2.00 released (UPDATE: There's no Enterprise edition)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 Jahre weitere
nopCommerce team | retroviz wrote:
So was it a little to early for an "enterprise" branded version? Perhaps. Was it too early to for nopCommerce to make a bit of money? Of course not. Open source or not, everyone has to make a living.

I am with you retroviz , i completely agree, everybody has to make a living, and need money for that. Yea that is different case that the final price might be expensive for few people and good deal for few people, but yea asking for money is not a wrong thing and that's what nopCommerce team is doing.

Please guys if you are a freelancer/web developer, just try to thinkin in this way: Can you work for someone for free ? if your client is putting/increasing demands day by day can you work for free forever for any client ? one day you will say that you need something to work further right ? Same goes with nopCommerce team, They need something, till now they have helped us so much by providing us 4 versions absolutely free.

--------------------
Andrei i have created a wish-list, if you're planning to post any survey questions for community member to get the feedback / requirements of our needs, please post the survey here and i will post the wish-list there , Hopefully it will help in getting the idea what is in nopCommerce user's mind
-------------------

Thanks
14 Jahre weitere
I'm more than happy to pay the $399 per site for the new features in the Enterprise edition (on one small provision but that's covered in another topic) however I've noticed that the 'buy' button has been removed. When will the Enterprise version be available for purchase again?
14 Jahre weitere
Welovewines wrote:
Thanks for the responses Andrei

Im moving house next week so 3 weeks sounds great.

Perhaps I suggest a pay monthly subscription for the enterprise system.

Say £20-30 per month for access to the enterprise features and support. Helps fix our costs and gives you a potential fixed revenue stream.

It could be levelled too, so different enterprise levels cost different prices, similar to the 1and1 ecommerce platforms?

Regards
Anthony

I kind of like this idea.  I get the impression that most people totally understand Andrei & Team needing to make some money and we don't expect everything for free.  I think the unexpectedness of everyone waiting for 1.5 and suddenly it's not there but there's a 2.0 that's $899 (quickly reduced to $399, but still) took everyone by surprise and anger.  I think that we, as a community, are willing to pay something and it's just a matter of finding out what that is.  I think a monthly subscription or yearly developer fee that allows you to have the latest Enterprise edition for unlimited domains would be great.  If a few hundred of us all paid $600 or so per year, I think we'd all be happy and I would hope that Nop would be able to make the money it needs.

Thanks again, Nop and keep up the great work (but also do all you can to keep it affordable for our clients)

Ben
14 Jahre weitere
nopCommerce team | retroviz wrote:
So was it a little to early for an "enterprise" branded version? Perhaps. Was it too early to for nopCommerce to make a bit of money? Of course not. Open source or not, everyone has to make a living.

I am with you retroviz , i completely agree, everybody has to make a living, and need money for that. Yea that is different case that the final price might be expensive for few people and good deal for few people, but yea asking for money is not a wrong thing and that's what nopCommerce team is doing.

Please guys if you are a freelancer/web developer, just try to thinkin in this way: Can you work for someone for free ? if your client is putting/increasing demands day by day can you work for free forever for any client ? one day you will say that you need something to work further right ? Same goes with nopCommerce team, They need something, till now they have helped us so much by providing us 4 versions absolutely free.

--------------------
Andrei i have created a wish-list, if you're planning to post any survey questions for community member to get the feedback / requirements of our needs, please post the survey here and i will post the wish-list there , Hopefully it will help in getting the idea what is in nopCommerce user's mind
-------------------

Thanks

Whatever the wishlist, please make sure QuickBooks integration is high up on it!

I'd love to have a place to vote on feature so we can all voice our desires for the wishlist

Thanks!

Ben
14 Jahre weitere
dfaithen wrote:

1. There are a couple of features, specifically inventory control per variant/attribute, that we have been discussing in the forum for some time (Here is the thread for reference). There was even several posts from NOP staff saying that it would be in the next version. Some of us have been hanging on waiting for this only now to find out we have to pay for the functionality. I think it would have been only fair to mention that in your post to that thread 2 weeks ago.

--As a subnote to this, the functionality seems incomplete. I think what everyone was asking for was the abiltiy to define the attribute lists at the product level and then select a different combo for each variant. Instead you gave lists for each variant. It seems to defeat the purpose, not to mention that I a) have to define the list over and over for each variant, and b) still dont have the ability to assign an inventory control #(sku) to each combo of attributes. Many of Us have a product ID (style) and then an additional ID for each attribute combo(variant sku). It seems to me that the functionality was implemented while still rendering useless. The same problems it was meant to solve still exist. (I think, see point 2)

2. The online demo allows me to experiment with the settings, but without being able to see the changes in the store demo it is useless. Is there a way to test/demo a version where I can actually see the changes I am making, or do I have to shell out the $399 only to find that I still cannot acheive what I am trying to do?

3. The comparison states free updates for 1 year. Does that mean I will have to pay the full price every year for updates/fixes etc. or will there be a smaller yearly maintenance renewal fee? If it will be the full price every year will the price be locked or if you decide to raise it to $3000 will I be stuck with an unsupported product outside our price range?

Any nop staff input regarding my implementation comments or more importantly the lack of a demo? I dont know of any app that asks you to purchase before a trial or at least a demo
14 Jahre weitere
I think its normal that the company came out with the paid version of software. We should all be lucky that the provided work so far had been given out to public for free. If you need features from the paid version then pay for it insted of paying for third party modification.

I also belive that the package is not mature enough to be Paid software but its not on us to decide. Magento was a good example.
14 Jahre weitere
WHERE IS VERSION 2 !! WHAT HAPPENED !!!
I found it suddenly removed from the website, any body knows what's going on?!!
14 Jahre weitere
There will be a new outsource package coming out soon as nopCommerce Reloaded, basically as an advancement pack. This package will include the next:

1. Multy Store, Department support
2. Live Support
3. RMA Support
4. Ticket Support with Knowladge Base
5. Quickbooks Integration
6. Computer Builder Module - Self Generating computer builder based on the available stock in certain categories
7. Category as a search filter - Save a category that will filter out product from the parent based on the search string, possible option of searching in parent or in category it self.
8. Database structure changed for speed
9. Load Balancing
10. Full Page Caching
11. ShipWire Integration
12. Supplier Support
13. Create Automatic messages triggered by a certain procedure, like order status changed
14. Home Page Sliding banner
15. Banner Control
16. Google Translate API integration for multilingual products
17. Drop Shipping warehouse selection based on customers geographical location
18. Inventory Source integration for Drop Shipping suppliers support
19. Purchase Order Support
20. Orfant Catalog items
21. Refunds and Reshipements

Not all will be a part of a open source package some will be pick as you like per fee base. We are also looking to build a small application that will be able to convert Magento or similar template to our system. This is still in RND, but there is a huge possibility we will make it.
14 Jahre weitere
The "Features tab" for no community is now showing all (or most) of the features that enterprise has and it is showing nop 1.5

there just isn't any download links for 1.5 yet.

Looks like possibly 2.0 will become 1.5 for now because of the negative feedback to charging for the enterprise??

Any comments Andrei?
14 Jahre weitere
I think next version could be a pay version. The biggest mistake of all this was not warn comunitty about this movement. It was a surprise.

Now we all know and it's completely normal to do so, 98% of work come from nop team and they deserve to take profits from the efforts they have made.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.