Extension for Square Payments

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 Jahre weitere
Hi,

I have a suggestion for an extension.

Squareup.com is a huge online payment gateway (like PayPal) - and I think a plugin that integrates it into a nopCommerce site would be a great idea.

thanks

David
8 Jahre weitere
I don't believe Square has a payment processing API yet.

Can I use the Connect API to accept payments?

Not at this time. Approved developers can use the Square Register API to communicate with Square Register from their iOS app. Please contact [email protected] if you're interested in using the Register API.

See the FAQ - https://docs.connect.squareup.com/#faq
7 Jahre weitere
Square has *TWO* payment APIs now... but still no plugins to accept Square payments.

Their process seems simple, but the built-in validations, definitions, etc. within NopCommerce payment methods (manual credit card payment, for example) prohibit the Square form from moving to the next step in the checkout because it's looking for unnecessary information.

It should be simple for someone with NopCommerce coding skills to implement, because 99% of the heavy lifting is done by a javascript file hosted by Square. That file does all security, validation, payment checking, transaction code authorizations, etc. The plugin for NopCommerce wouldn't need field validations at all... probably HALF the code of the existing "manual credit card payment" plugin that ships with NopCommerce!

PLEASE, NopCommerce development team, support this payment platform as a built-in option!
7 Jahre weitere
Adobe Wan Kenobi wrote:
Square has *TWO* payment APIs now... but still no plugins to accept Square payments.

Their process seems simple, but the built-in validations, definitions, etc. within NopCommerce payment methods (manual credit card payment, for example) prohibit the Square form from moving to the next step in the checkout because it's looking for unnecessary information.

It should be simple for someone with NopCommerce coding skills to implement, because 99% of the heavy lifting is done by a javascript file hosted by Square. That file does all security, validation, payment checking, transaction code authorizations, etc. The plugin for NopCommerce wouldn't need field validations at all... probably HALF the code of the existing "manual credit card payment" plugin that ships with NopCommerce!

PLEASE, NopCommerce development team, support this payment platform as a built-in option!

Hi,

I can develop this plugin, but I can start on it after 8th August, so it should be available towards the end of August, for sure.

Regards,
Vlad
7 Jahre weitere
Has the SQUARE interface been completed yet??
7 Jahre weitere
Yes - checkout the link to Vlad's site nop-payments.com  It is out there.  I've been using it and it works great!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.