Need Help please (GDI+ Error)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 Jahre weitere
How to fix the following error ?  
I read about Permission issue regarding GDI+ but I dont know how to do that

=======
E R R O R
=======

A generic error occurred in GDI+.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +377630
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Media.PictureManager.GetDefaultPictureUrl(PictureTypeEnum DefaultPictureType, Int32 TargetSize) in F:\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\Nop Commerce Site\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Media\PictureManager.cs:212
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Media.PictureManager.GetDefaultPictureUrl(Int32 TargetSize) in F:\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\Nop Commerce Site\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Media\PictureManager.cs:154
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Picture picture, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in F:\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\Nop Commerce Site\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Media\PictureManager.cs:235
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Int32 imageId, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in F:\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\Nop Commerce Site\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Media\PictureManager.cs:144
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.dlCategories_ItemDataBound(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) in E:\Documents\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\Nop Commerce Site\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:67
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.OnItemDataBound(DataListItemEventArgs e) +8670790
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +137
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +459
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +54
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() +55
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.BindData() in E:\Documents\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\Nop Commerce Site\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:52
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Documents\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\Nop Commerce Site\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:42
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627
14 Jahre weitere
you need to contact your hosting company and ask them to give write permission
14 Jahre weitere
All permission is given to all folders but the issue remains same :(
14 Jahre weitere
Try to give write permissions to "Everyone" user (\images\thumb\ folder).
14 Jahre weitere
Full permission is being granted to each and every folder manually but the error remains same :(
14 Jahre weitere
silver wrote:
Full permission is being granted to each and every folder manually but the error remains same :(

Silver I know this doesn't mean much but this is DEFINETLY a permissions error I have see this error hundred of time before.  

Are you one doing the permission settings or the webhost?
14 Jahre weitere
The option to manage permissions is available in my hosting panel.
At first the site was running find about since i reuploaded the whole thing with a new design its giving this error.
I reconfigured each and everything again one by one.
It is surly a permission error but confusing is that full permission to read, write, execute scripts n exe all is been given to each folder n sub folder.

Really really confused, what i did wrong :(
14 Jahre weitere
What do you use to upload your website.. (I assume Filezilla)

I have also experienced this error, especially uploading larger DLL's filezilla sometimes misses up the transfer and these errors occur. Try old School FTP and just upload all your DLL's.

Hope this helps
14 Jahre weitere
I am using cute FTP and all files are uploaded successfully
--------------

THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE :(
14 Jahre weitere
silver, when you set permissions, some hosts offer a selection of who to give permission to
in one hosting example you can choose to give one or more of the following permissions

read, write, execute, delete
and you can choose  to  give these permissions to

isusr_USERNAME
newtork service
everyone

as andrie  suggested, you should try giving permission to  everyone - if this is not an option in your control panel, then you should contact your hosting company to see if they can intervene directly for you
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.