How to subscribe to new forum topics? Watch Forum seems to be missing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 Jahre weitere
Hi,

How to subscribe to new forum topics?

Watch Forum feature which was previously available seems to be missing after new theme is applied.

Any idea!

Regards,
Krunal
8 Jahre weitere
jariwalakrunal wrote:
Hi,

How to subscribe to new forum topics?

Watch Forum feature which was previously available seems to be missing after new theme is applied.

Any idea!

Regards,
Krunal

There is a watch Topic button beside reply button :)
8 Jahre weitere
Hi Krunal,

That's right. Subscriptions to forums were removed. Now you can subscribe only to topics
8 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:
Hi Krunal,

That's right. Subscriptions to forums were removed. Now you can subscribe only to topics

Hi,

Thank you for confirmation. I appreciate your response. I think this feature should not be removed.

Because:
1. It helps one to monitor forum very easily, as subscriber gets email notification with link - one can just click and respond. Saves lot of time while helping someone using community. Without this, its difficult to keep track New Topics posted in a forum. Adds delay, and sometimes lot of topic might not be noticed.

2. For store owners, who are constantly looking for free or premium plugins - they can use this feature to subscribe to forums for it. They don't need to keep checking it. There could be other ways to monitor, of course, like FB or Twitter announcement, but I don't see all new updates there too. I agree that plugin vendors can create a list and send emails to those who subscribed - like we and many other vendors do, but not all store owners subscribe to these emails.

The feature to get email alerts for new topics, is indeed simplest, easy, most effective and some kind of official alert message (because its managed on nopCommerce's official site) that store owners can rely and trust.

3. For vendors, who don't have a marketing team or lot of time to monitor forum for leads, i.e. commercial help... it's a difficult to monitor without this alert. And most of the time, I'm sure people will spend a time just to check this, which could have been used in some better work.

For example, I used this feature for monitoring forum for plugin updates, commercial helps and showcase - so I know about leads and great things people are building using nopCommerce. This helped me save lot of time, by not constantly monitoring forums. Although, I have nopCommerce forum opened in my browser for almost a day, but even in that case sometimes I miss updates which is important for me!

Now with this feature gone, its really difficult to keep track of what's trending, and what's changing. Moreover, the effectiveness of help offered will also get impacted.

I request you to consider introducing this feature back to nopCommerce site.

Thanks,
Krunal
8 Jahre weitere
Thanks, Krunal! We'll think about it more. Maybe it'll be returned back
8 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:
Thanks, Krunal! We'll think about it more. Maybe it'll be returned back

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate the same. I will love to use this feature again! :)

Regards,
Krunal
8 Jahre weitere
Hi Krunal,

Done
8 Jahre weitere
a.m. wrote:
Hi Krunal,

Done

Awesome Andrei!

Thank you for the same.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.