Rebranding nopcommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 Jahre weitere
I have 2 questions about re branding
1) I know that I can pay to nopcommerce and then remove the copyright notice of nopcommerce. But can I rebrand it, I mean say that it is "powered by somebody else"?

2) Can I change the nopcomerce logo in the admin panel as well?
14 Jahre weitere
slimleva wrote:
But can I rebrand it, I mean say that it is "powered by somebody else"?

Yes

slimleva wrote:
Can I change the nopcomerce logo in the admin panel as well?

Yes
13 Jahre weitere
I saw in the forums that few people want to connect nopcommerce to other frontend, or integrate with some other store.
The question is: If I build another frontend (suppose in SilverLight) do I have to put powered by nopcommerce logo on every page?
I ask that because technically the silverlight frontend is not developed by nopCommerce.

Thanks
13 Jahre weitere
slimleva wrote:
I saw in the forums that few people want to connect nopcommerce to other frontend, or integrate with some other store.
The question is: If I build another frontend (suppose in SilverLight) do I have to put powered by nopcommerce logo on every page?
I ask that because technically the silverlight frontend is not developed by nopCommerce.

Thanks

My thoughts is this... The nopCommerce team is doing a good job here and they need to eat too.  Even if your silverlight frontend is not by nopCommerce, you're still using nopCommerce. So if you're using their products, why not just give credit where credit is due? Either by acknowledgement using their banner (free), or with $50. It is a small price to pay for a good product.

In case you asked, we're currently still evaluating nopcommerce. Once we're finalised to go with nop, we'll be certain to pay our part.
13 Jahre weitere
Totally agree with you road_runner.

Also it would be cool if anyone developing a new front end considered releasing it as open source too (not that it's mandatory of course).
13 Jahre weitere
I guess I didn't ask it right.
Ofcourse I like the job that Anderi and team do, and ofcourse $50 is small price to pay for such a great product.
What I'm actually asking is if I develop another frontend and want to release it under proprietary license, can I do that? I don't want my customer to get the sourcecode of this work.
I guess I can because it's not derivative work of nopcommerce (correct me if I'm wrong).
13 Jahre weitere
And here is another thought on this "Re-Branding" as you are calling it. It is still powered with the nopCommerce backend and to deplete them from their part of the project for your gain is not a common practice for most developers on an expert level. I would have to agree with some others by saying a simple banner for free or $50 is a small price to pay.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.