Payment/Order testing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 Jahre weitere
Now that the E-commerce part is 90% finished for my site, aside from waiting for hi-res images to throw in there..
It's time to do some payment testing to ensure everything will work well once it's ready-to-roll out. I've just read   this blog post from Blackhawk24      , and I get the idea I have to call my bank to set up a "psuedo" account for testing on the site? Really, I'm just looking for some clarification on how to go about the testing phase. I would like to test payments via paypal and credit card. Anyone who has had some experience in doing so, I'd appreciate any feedback or pointers.

Thanks.
7 Jahre weitere
[email protected] wrote:
Now that the E-commerce part is 90% finished for my site, aside from waiting for hi-res images to throw in there..
It's time to do some payment testing to ensure everything will work well once it's ready-to-roll out. I've just read   this blog post from Blackhawk24      , and I get the idea I have to call my bank to set up a "psuedo" account for testing on the site? Really, I'm just looking for some clarification on how to go about the testing phase. I would like to test payments via paypal and credit card. Anyone who has had some experience in doing so, I'd appreciate any feedback or pointers.

Thanks.

If you want to use PayPal, then you can find a lot of payment plugins in the Extensions directory (mostly are free), that use PayPal.

All these plugins should have a setting like "Testing enabled", then the plugin knows to make the transactions in the Paypal's testing environment. Note that you may also have to log in to the PayPal dashboard, and enable the testing mode.

Plugins that you find are different form one another in terms of the user experience (some redirect the user to the Paypal site, then redirect him back to your site, after the payment; some keep the user on your site, and present him with a payment form there).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.