nopCommerce 3.80, Tell a Friend Feature, and CAPTCHA

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 Jahre weitere
Is there a way to disable the tell a friend feature and enable CAPTCHA prior to the installation setup?  I noticed that the settings are stored in a table, so I tried editing the create_required_data.sql script to insert some records but that generated errors post install.  I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with nopCommerce, so a point in the right direction would be appreciated.
7 Jahre weitere
rayh777 wrote:
Is there a way to disable the tell a friend feature and enable CAPTCHA prior to the installation setup?  I noticed that the settings are stored in a table, so I tried editing the create_required_data.sql script to insert some records but that generated errors post install.  I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with nopCommerce, so a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Hi,

CAPTCHA is not part of the Core, it's included in the Framework. For this reason, enabling the captcha during installation is not possible. create_required_data.sql - this file is not used during the installation. To make the initial settings use CodeFirstInstallationService
7 Jahre weitere
UPD:
To disable the option " 'Email a friend' enabled" during installation, you need to change in the file assignment CodeFirstInstallationService properties with EmailAFriendEnabled = true on EmailAFriendEnabled = false
7 Jahre weitere
Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for the reply.  I figured out another solution.  I'm afraid I don't know MVC/Entity Framework.  I'm only a web forms programmer.  But here's the solution I came up with:

1) Set UseFastInstallationService to "True" in the web.config file.
2) Add inserts to create_required_data.sql to enable CAPTCHA.

The errors I encountered was due to another problem, DNS resolution.
7 Jahre weitere
rayh777 wrote:

But here's the solution I came up with:

1) Set UseFastInstallationService to "True" in the web.config file.
2) Add inserts to create_required_data.sql to enable CAPTCHA.

Hi,
Yes, this solution is quite possible
6 Jahre weitere
Hello:

Is it possible to disable "tell a friend" after the installation?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.