Variable pricing 1 for $4 or 3 for $10

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 Jahre weitere
Hi, sorry if this has been answered but I new to nopCommerce and can't seem to find anything in the forums.  

Anyways is it possible to create a product so that the pricing is 1 for $4.00 or 3 for $10.00?  Along the same lines if the user chooses the 3 for $10 can they select 3 different attributes (1 red, 1 blue, 1 green)?

Thanks in advance and if you need more information please dont hesitate to ask.
14 Jahre weitere
Welcome to nopCommerce Community,

Well you cannot do exactly like this in nopCommerce -> 1 for $4.00 or 3 for $10.00, BUT

you there is a way you can accomplish this another way in nopCommerce.

You can make use or "Tier Price"

Take a look at this :

http://demo.nopcommerce.com/Products/53-arrow-mens-wrinkle-free-pinpoint-solid-long-sleeve.aspx

In the above example you will see : the price of 1 item is defined as : $24.00 (USD)

but if anyone buys, 3+ items then Price Per Item gets reduced to $21.00

and if anyone buys, 7 +, the price of each item becomes : $19.00

...and so on....

To make this above explanation possible, follow this procedure:

Go to admin section >    Catalog   >   Products   >   Manage Products  

Choose any product ( or if you don't have any products in your database then add/create new product and save it)

Now in "Edit product detail" page of any product, > Choose 3rd Tab "Product Variants (SKUs)" > Click "View"

Now , Choose 2nd Tab " Tier Prices" > Here you can define your requirements like 3 and above itmes = 24/ item or 4 and above items = 10/item ...and soo on...THEN SAVE,, and you're good to go
------------------------

Talking about giving customer option to choose color, well in nopCommerce you cannot go that beyond that each tier price will have separate colors But still you can accomplish this by another method:

You can add attributes to any item/product, like Colors with 3 checkboxes, 1st checkbox for "White" 2nd, checkbox for "Black" and 3rd for  "Red"

The same product you were working on for above example, select it in admin section

Remember where you saw " Tier Prices" tab, go to the same area but instead of selecting 2nd Tab, SELECT 3RD TAB "Product Variant Attributes".

Here you can add attribute like  "Color" and create 2, 3 or any values like "Red", "Black" ...and so on with $0 if you don't want to charge anything for color selection.

and save it, and you're good to go..

now checkout this product in which you made these above changes in the public store, you should be able to use all these things.

Hope it helps....If you need any help, feel free to ask anything,,anytime...
14 Jahre weitere
Thanks for the suggestions.

I did figure out a way to 1 for 4 and 3 for 10.

I setup one product with 2 product sku's.  For the first product I set it up with one attribute drop down for a price of $4.  For the second product I set it up with 3 attribute drop downs with all of the attributes required and the price is 10.  So on my one screen you have the option to buy 1 product for 4 or 3 for $10.  

I guess after you figure out how the SKU's and attributes really work, finding work arounds isn't to bad.

Thanks again for you help.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.