Picture of the Product - Instead of uploading, Using an existing uploaded picture

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 Jahre weitere
Hello,
We have nearly 10.000 different products. We have the data for all the items but we only have the picture of 2000 of them.

I have 2 questions:
1.  The media settings is set to "file system" for picture storage. Is it possible that i bulk import the images files to the server manually (via FTP) and then import the image location links to the system with the administrative excel import function?

2. Since we only have pictures of only 2000 products instead of 10.000 products, we hope that we can use the category images instead in the product details page.
Since we know where the category images are located in the server, is it possbile for us to import only the location of the images to the products?

Hope that we can get help!
Best Regards,
7 Jahre weitere
[email protected] wrote:
Hello,
We have nearly 10.000 different products. We have the data for all the items but we only have the picture of 2000 of them.

I have 2 questions:
1.  The media settings is set to "file system" for picture storage. Is it possible that i bulk import the images files to the server manually (via FTP) and then import the image location links to the system with the administrative excel import function?

2. Since we only have pictures of only 2000 products instead of 10.000 products, we hope that we can use the category images instead in the product details page.
Since we know where the category images are located in the server, is it possbile for us to import only the location of the images to the products?

Hope that we can get help!
Best Regards,

1. Yes. That's the best method.
2. You must ensure that you have the full path to the file(on the server), including the filename in the "Picture1" column of your spreadsheet.
example:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\yoursite\content\images\thumbs\SOME_CATEGORY_PHOTO.jpg

So, for all those products that you have no product photo (and which are in the same category), you will put this same value in your spreadsheet. Be certain that you upload your files(FTP) to the exact same path as what you put into Picture1 of your spreadsheet before "Import from Excel" in nopC.

Doing this will prevent the "No image available" from appearing and at least have a more pertinent image displayed.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.