best way to set up new site

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 Jahre weitere
hi there
happy new year everybody!

i am finally getting ready to move my live web store to nopcommerce (from an .net application called vevocart.)

its a live site so I am trying to work out the best way to move with no downtime or testing issues...

is it possible to set up my new nopcommerce site under a diff domain name (than the live site) and then when i have thoroughly tested it - rename it to the live domain name - when i am ready to use it?

i.e

set up a test site www.notmyrealdomain.com
test it online for a few days
then rename the domain to www.myrealdomain.com

or would that not work?
7 Jahre weitere
toadman wrote:
hi there
happy new year everybody!

i am finally getting ready to move my live web store to nopcommerce (from an .net application called vevocart.)

its a live site so I am trying to work out the best way to move with no downtime or testing issues...

is it possible to set up my new nopcommerce site under a diff domain name (than the live site) and then when i have thoroughly tested it - rename it to the live domain name - when i am ready to use it?

i.e

set up a test site www.notmyrealdomain.com
test it online for a few days
then rename the domain to www.myrealdomain.com

or would that not work?

Yes, You should live with nopcommerce demo site with a different name. You can do it i.e. stage.yourDomain.com or directly you can use ip with port number too
7 Jahre weitere
Thanks so much for quick reply.
So if i launch a test site on a different domain, and am happy with it  I can then just rename the domain to the live site and nopcommerce will work ? or would i need to do some other stuff to nopcommerce?

Thanks !
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.