Multi-Store & 2 IIS Sites

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 Jahre weitere
Hi!

Is it possible to have a multi-store 3.7 nopcommerce using 2 IIS sites on sabe database?

I mean, 2 nopcommerce folders with different plugins, each store on each folder, same IIS pool, and same database configuration ?

Im thinking about not having a huge plugin folder once each store has different themes and required plugins, but same DB because products/categories will be the same, different IIS sites so we can apply upgrades/configuration and change fonts without causing problems to other stores. Same IIS pool once nop doesnt support webgarden yet (2 pools using same DB).

Have you tried it before? Will it work?

Thanks!
6 Jahre weitere
Technically it can be setup like so, and it'll work. But I am thinking it may end up giving you more troubles (than the benefits) down the road.

6 Jahre weitere
I agree with Woon Cherk that this setup can work, but will cause some troubles.

You will have all the issues of a web farm, plus your instances don't share files.

Even though you have two sites in the same app pool, they'll be in different application domains and not know about each other. To make this work, make sure you enable Redis so that the two sites can talk to each other. http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/en/Installing+on+Windows+Azure

The main issue you'll have is that tasks will be running from both sides, and changes made on one side will not be visible to the other side because they'll be cached separately.

If your instances don't share files and you don't store pictures in the database, then you'll need to remember to upload pictures from the same site.
6 Jahre weitere
johntseng wrote:
You will have all the issues of a web farm, plus your instances don't share files.

Hi!

Are you sure? Once there is only one pool instance running, it is different from webfarm and webgardens, where sites always have more that one app pool (webgarden) and more than one application and app pools (webfarm).

And both site need to use just the same DB, for categories / manufactures / products. They dont have to share any other files, except images, where I can create a virtual folder for child store.

The main purpose of it is not overload only nop instance with a lot of plugins and themes, once we know that it degrade performance a lot.

Do you have any other point of view? Are you seeing more problems?

Att,
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.