Nopcommerce - what is possible and what is not?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 Jahre weitere
Hi,

I'm user of nopCommerce from version 1.4. I have made many changes and now owner want to go with new shop (responsivnes and mobile device display is main reason). I need your advice about changes I have implement in  old shop in a way is it supported by this shop now?

1. Multistore
* product can be viewed only on main store and 1 more (from 10 total)
* every store has its own template (skin)
* quick selection of product that is displayed/not displayed for each store
* possibility to have different emails, content pages for each store. I see that there is possibility to have content only for some store but what about difeerent emails like automatic emails. For example email send after registration on store x must be sent from different email that registration on store y
* order must be distinguished by store they come from
* different display order for products per store
* different main currency and language per store

2. Product variants (I see there are grouped product now)
* if I set group product to be visible on all stores associated products are limited to 3-4 stores, will this group be visible to store 5 if there are none associated products visible to that store

3. Prices for product.
* I see only Price and Old price. I need 2 more for each product (Export price and club price). Customer can buy on its rice regarding role or gruop he is. Normal customer buy at normal price, export customer buys at export price and club buys at club prices.
* Tier pricing is also base on quantity but also role or group
* group or role can be set to see prices with or without tax (for example export role or group should see prices without tax)

Performance
* I have more than 7000 product variants (cca. 1300 produts) now (in my current shop based on version 1.4). How will multistore option efect on performace as I have to anable this option and there is so many products and I need to set limited stores for almost all products (mostly grouped products).
* I have 4 languages in my shop and most od product groups are also ranslated. Is this islo effet performance?

Thank you in advance.
Marko
6 Jahre weitere
If you have multi-store your version shhould be 3.00+ when that feature was incorporated in Nop.
I think all what you want is available (please check documentation), except for these features, which will require customization work:
* different display order for products per store
* different main currency and language per store
* group or role can be set to see prices with or without tax (for example export role or group should see prices without tax)

In regard of performance, the Nop team has been doing improvements constantly. It also depends of how many stores and the number of concurrent visitors you have at peak times. For that you can assign enough resources to your servers and also use proxies such as Cloudflare
6 Jahre weitere
Thank you for your post.

I write you I have 1.4 version and that is true (I know multi store is part of original nopcommerce software from version 3). All I have write that I need, is what I have already implement in that shop version 1.4 (as well as multi language and some more stuff).

Right now, I'm in process of trying to decide should I go with new shop or make completely new redesign of old one that I have done based on version 1.4. I would like to go with new shop so after I can finally use upgrades as I wont have so much customization, but if new version does not have some things I can not be without from my old one, then I'll have to stick with old :(.

It would take much time to investigate all of things I write so I wanted to speed up that by asking members that has experience with new versions.

I did not think of going over documentation :))) but I'll do it now, and I'll fill free to ask again if I'll have some more questions (if documentation is not deep enough or something).

Thanks again.
6 Jahre weitere
bubbi wrote:
Thank you for your post.

I write you I have 1.4 version and that is true (I know multi store is part of original nopcommerce software from version 3). All I have write that I need, is what I have already implement in that shop version 1.4 (as well as multi language and some more stuff).

Right now, I'm in process of trying to decide should I go with new shop or make completely new redesign of old one that I have done based on version 1.4. I would like to go with new shop so after I can finally use upgrades as I wont have so much customization, but if new version does not have some things I can not be without from my old one, then I'll have to stick with old :(.

It would take much time to investigate all of things I write so I wanted to speed up that by asking members that has experience with new versions.

I did not think of going over documentation :))) but I'll do it now, and I'll fill free to ask again if I'll have some more questions (if documentation is not deep enough or something).

Thanks again.

Wow. Quite a job!
If you are not in such a hurry, you should wait till v4.00 is released (October-November) so you already get into ASP.Net Core and skip the previous platform (ASP.Net MVC)
6 Jahre weitere
I agree with Eduardo's suggestion to wait till v 4.0 is released.
6 Jahre weitere
nopAccelerate wrote:
I agree with Eduardo's suggestion to wait till v 4.0 is released.

I have some fear that version 4.0 will need to have some time to mature? I compare it with versions of windows (I install new version of windows when SP1 gets out :) ).

I'm looking documentation and cannot see how to set prices for customer roles?

Marko
6 Jahre weitere
Hi Marko,

ASP.NET Core was planned to implement in current version of nopCommerce, but due to age of this solution, nop Team decided to reschedule this feature to the version 4.00. In my opinion, it will be mature feature now, which can be used without fear. If you are not convinced, you can also from time to time look at GitHub and follow the recent changes.

Finally I agree with previous answers, moving nopCommerce to ASP.NET Core is a milestone change, so it's worth to wait and implement it.

Best,
Patryk
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.