Shopping cart wieght

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 Jahre weitere
Hi,

can anyone advise me how to configure nop3.80 to display the total weight in the cart (and for each item too if easy). I need this so my valued wholesale customers can call me to get a customised shipping rate when they dont like what royalmail/parcelforce etc are listed as in the cart. Obviously I need the cart weight so they can tell me, or i can impersonate them and take a look. (be nice in the admin panel when you look at current carts it would show this too)

I'm hoping it either a config setting buried somewhere, or at most a cshtml change, but dont really want to recompile anything for them.

Looks like most other ecomm carts show cart weight.

Thanks
Craig.
6 Jahre weitere
Hi-

No, you're right...there is no configuration setting to display combined order weight anywhere in the checkout. And, unfortunately, the ShoppingCart model doesn't expose it, so you can't just add code to the razor view.

I thought maybe the EstimateShipping model would expose it, but no cigar...

I think this is a pretty good feature suggestion and should be fairly easy for the dev team to incorporate, but you need to post it as a feature suggestion.
6 Jahre weitere
Thanks man, it's been bugging me for a few years now. I've put in a feature request.
6 Jahre weitere
embryo wrote:
... so you can't just add code to the razor view...

I thought maybe one could resolve the shipping service in Razor, and then get the cart weight, but unfortunately, it looks like the method GetTotalWeight(GetShippingOptionRequest request,...) takes a  GetShippingOptionRequest  param and that won't be easily available.  One could possibly copy some of the code from that method and replicate it, but it would be a bit of work.

daxydoggie wrote:
...can call me to get a customised shipping rate when they dont like what royalmail/parcelforce etc are listed as in the cart....

The rates are not actually shown in the 'cart', but rather in the shipping method selection page of 'checkout'.  Shipping Director can show the total cart weight in the shipping method descriptions using the Description Expression field of an Option record:

"Weight = " + [$TotalWeight].ToString() + " lbs."  
6 Jahre weitere
I should have surmised that Shipping Director could solve his problem...it solves so many others!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.