Edit existing Address while in checkout process - guests and register users

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 Jahre weitere
I looked in the forums and found a couple of questions related to this topic but nothing conclusive.

I also checked on the latest version (3.9) and this functionality is not there, so I'm posting here to get help.

I am getting complains from customers that they would like to be able to edit addresses while in the checkout process so they can correct a mistake or for other reasons.

I think anything that takes the customer out of the checkout process is not acceptable, but in this case it is a need.  However this should be done in a modal popup so that they are not really removed from the checkout process and can continue when the edit is completed.

Anyone has an idea on how to implement this?
6 Jahre weitere
Yes possible but need to customize check out pages 1. Billing address and 2. shipping address page.

What you can do. We you click on new address then you are seeing form. Use the same form for edit more.

PM me if you need customization help.

Thanks,
Jatin
6 Jahre weitere
Hello Chris,

I know this post will not exactly answer your question but you can try our Nop One Page Checkout plugin. The functionality you are seeking is implemented in the plugin - you can edit existing addresses during the checkout process without leaving it. It also provides many more exceptional functionalities that you can see in our Demo of the plugin.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Anton
5 Jahre weitere
Hi Anton,

I downloaded your Plugin to test it. But I'm not sure how to edit existing addresses while on the one page checkout... I added Address 2 line to existing address but it did not persist.

Can you give me instructions on how this works?
5 Jahre weitere
What happens if a customer edits and existing address and then clicks the top menu to browse to another product?  Will the updated address be saved to the database?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.