Orders Automatically Going to "Completed"

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 Jahre weitere
I'm working on customizing a new store based on the demo store that comes with the installation, and just haven't been able to find how to make orders actually go through the ordering steps manually.

Right now, I can successfully place an order through the shopping cart, make payment (e.g. through PayPal), receive order emails, etc., but the issue is that the orders are automatically sent to "Completed" as soon as payment is made.

Since I also have a custom checkout attribute for a "desired date" for order pickup and the orders need to be verified/accepted, I was thinking the orders should be submitted as pending, then after someone verifies we can make the order for the requested date we move it to "in progress", then when pickup is made we move to completed.

Where am I missing the setup to make each order manually go through to process? Or, are they automatically completing because we aren't enable the "shipping" on each item?

Thank you!
6 Jahre weitere
OK, that must have been it. I guess maybe there isn't a way to manually step through the order status process when there isn't shipping enabled.

Was able to setup shipping and only have a single fixed-rate method for "local delivery" and then also allowed in-store pickups. Now when an order is submitted, it still skips the "pending" stage and goes straight to "processing", but that's better than being all the way to completed.

Is there a way to make it go to "pending" instead of "processing"?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.