Order Placement Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 Jahre weitere
Hi @all

In a 3.5 shop, suddenly the order placement isn't possible any more. Pressing the last button on the checkout panel throws the message "Input string was not in a correct format" instead of "Order has been placed".

Text from the systemlog "Error while placing order. Error 1: Input string was not in a correct format."

Page URL is "http://xxxxx/checkout/opcconfirmorder/"

I'm using onepagecheckout.

The Complete error message from the systemlog is
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args) at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args) at System.String.Format(String format, Object arg0) at Nop.Services.Messages.MessageTokenProvider.ProductListToHtmlTable(Order order, Int32 languageId, Int32 vendorId) at Nop.Services.Messages.MessageTokenProvider.AddOrderTokens(IList`1 tokens, Order order, Int32 languageId, Int32 vendorId) at Nop.Services.Messages.WorkflowMessageService.SendOrderPlacedStoreOwnerNotification(Order order, Int32 languageId) at Nop.Services.Orders.OrderProcessingService.PlaceOrder(ProcessPaymentRequest processPaymentRequest)

If I deactivate the both email "OrderPlaced.CustomerNotification" and "OrderPlaced.StoreOwnerNotification" the order can be placed normal and successful.

The templates for those mails weren't changed since 2 years. However, for a test I deleted the entire text of the emailtemplate and just leaved "test" as subject and body text. I got the same error "Input string was not in a correct format".

The mailsystem is working normaly. Sendig a testmail was successful. I searched all over - but couldn't find anything suspect.

How can I figure out which string is not correct? Thank you very much for any ideas.
6 Jahre weitere
Since the error is occurring in "ProductListToHtmlTable", I can only guess that it may be related to some funny character in your Product Name, or Attribute Name or Value.
6 Jahre weitere
Thank you for your answer, New York. I thought the same and have tried a few baskets with different products. Always the same error message without a matter what product(s) in it.

I can not understand what the problem could be. It can not be at the moment when the email is built, cause I have cleared the emailbody and subject. But all the same, there is no error if the emails were deactivated. So it must have relation.

Which way do you suppose to isolate this phenomenon?
5 Jahre weitere
Any solution to this? If so, please share
5 Jahre weitere
We had a change of the taxrate from a value without decimals to a value with decimals. This was causing the error located in the placeholder of the local resource varibale 'messages.order.taxrateline' and 'order.taxrateline' and 'pdfinvoice.taxrate'. The placeholder was defined with {0.0} instead of just {0}. After changing that everything went well.

It seems, that with the old taxrate without decimals the placeholder {0.0} made no problem. After changing I got the error described in my first post. I didn't put that in a context first! I searched over a week, it was to despair.

Hope this helps you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.