Shipping Method Restrictions Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 Jahre weitere
My site has 9 variants of shipping depending on the country where that service operates (Royal mail 1st class, International tracked and signed etc). The problem is that when using the restrictions page to select the radio box to omit most counties I don't want available, it shows:

currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

It can handle about 3 columns of it, but checking the database it's already approaching ID 1000.  It that the maximum the database can handle?

Only thing I can think to do is to go through and remove all the counties that are unlikely to buy from my website to reduce the database size, but there's got to be a better solution for this?
6 Jahre weitere
The whole thing seems a bit backwards.  Surely it would make sense to have 'please select the countries you do want included', then I'd only have to select a few opposed to omit random small locations that are never going to buy a product?
6 Jahre weitere
In this instance, I'd like to select more than one country (NZ and Australia).  For the EU selection, I'd obviously need to select a lot more countries, but can't make an entry for every weight for every service for every country - that would be huge!

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a487/cookbot11/Untitled_zpslrir3m30.jpeg

Here you can see leaving the country box with an asterisk just allows selections that aren't relevant to be selected (The address selected here was for France)

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a487/cookbot11/Untitled1_zpseaykh6wg.jpeg
Can countries not be grouped together?

Thanks, Paul
6 Jahre weitere
If you are getting errors, then check the System > Log for detailed messages.

You cannot select more than one country when setting up the By Weight shipping provider plugin.  You will need to enter multiple records, one for each country, but only if the configured properties differ.  If all your countries have the same rate for a method / weight range, then just use a "*" for country.
6 Jahre weitere
Thanks, I've had a look and it seems the DB it was trying to make was simply too large:

"Form value count limit 1024 exceeded."

I won't be able to have all the countries running under the same rate with the asterisk, as that would give the same price for all destinations around the globe.  However, I also can't add postage for individual countries either as that would give hundreds of records again.  I imagine this is just a limitation in software, although my last Prestashop one had a feature to group countries.

Maybe it's something that could be looked into for Nopcom 4.1?

Thanks, Paul
6 Jahre weitere
"Form value count limit 1024 exceeded" is not a database problem. ASP.NET protects from large form submissions.  Googling that message shows that in can be fixed with a coding change (creating an attribute).

As a workaround, you can 'manually' insert records into the ShippingMethodRestrictions table in the database with a SQL tool like SSMS.
6 Jahre weitere
Thanks for the reply, I managed to get around it with a bit of manipulation.  The SQL editor I use is RazorSQL which seems the most user friendly to me (i.e. I've managed to figure it out!)

I'm getting my database loaded up now, but coming across a new error about 8 products into the spreadsheet

I've imported the product in the back office manually, exported it and it re-imports fine as a stand alone product.  The problem is when I copy and paste it exaclty as it is, i get the following error with nothing in the log:

This www.cbauto-solutions.com page can’t be found
No web page was found for the web address: http://www.cbauto-solutions.com/Admin/Product/ImportExcel
Search Google for cb auto solutions Admin Product Import Excel
HTTP ERROR 404

The products then actually appear, but none of the images are generated with them.  The only difference to this product compared to the others is that this one doesn't have any attributes with it where the ones previous to it do.

Tried clearing the pictures database, reseeding to 0, cleared all the images off the server and googling the issue all to no avail.

Thanks, Paul
6 Jahre weitere
More so to the above, if restore to an old working database, delete the offending item and upload the product spreadsheet, it all works well.  If I restore the database with the same one and upload the offending product in its own product spreadsheet, it again works.

It's only when you copy and paste that product into the main products spreadsheet do I get the error on importing.
6 Jahre weitere
Is there a possibility that copy and paste isn't actually a true copy and paste making slight changes.  It's a microsoft product, so I would expect it to fuck things up somehow - it's what they 'excel' at.
6 Jahre weitere
If anyone manages to solve this for me, I will transfer actual money into your paypal account.  I need this ridiculous problem sorting.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.