How to change the button to an imagebutton in the SearchBox.ascx

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 Jahre weitere
Hi,

When I change the asp:button in the searchbox.ascx to an asp:imagebutton I get this error:

The base class includes the field 'btnSearch', but its type (System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton).

What is the way to handle this issue?
13 Jahre weitere
Just recompile the solution
13 Jahre weitere
Thanks Andrei for responding, but the site will not compile because of this error...
13 Jahre weitere
Have you changed it in Visual Studio? If not, then go to searchbox.ascx.designer.cs and replace System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button with System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton for 'btnSearch'
13 Jahre weitere
OK, Andrei, I have changed in VS: in the designer.cs to an ImageButton. No luck. I have also tried puttin the declaration in the code-behind file, no luck.

The error is about the base-class:

The base class includes the field 'btnSearch', but its type (System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton).

Any more ideas?
13 Jahre weitere
Fabianus wrote:
OK, Andrei, I have changed in VS

Recompile the solution again. It should work
13 Jahre weitere
I'm not sure why you want to change it to an imagebutton. You can also change the css class for each button and add à background and remove the borders.
Hope this helps.

Example:
Background: url('images/button.gif') left top;
Border:0;
13 Jahre weitere
You are right, why make 3 turns left when one turn right is also ok. Thanks!
11 Jahre weitere
if you made all the changes necessary, all you have to do is clean the solution.
SOLVED: under build click clean solution.
the squiggly line should go away after
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.