downloadable products.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 Jahre weitere
I have seen this topic before but the posts were not suggesting anything except 'look at the download manager'/

i have done that and the 'issue' is that all the methods return a Download object that is filled from a DBDownload object that itself gets loaded from the db by ID, the only link between the productvariant and the download data.

now i could modify the whole thing to just store the download id in the db and map it to a physical file ...

this involves changing the structure of the db and a couple of classes and many methods across the application. this might cause incompatibilities with the next releases. with all the changes , it'll be impossible to upgrade and keep the customizations in.

i would think it would be better to have detailed suggestions from the creators on how to do this so it can match with the next release...

this issue is a real problem to many users as almost all downloadable products are large...

please take this in consideration and suggest a change to be used by everybody till this functionality is released.

thank you.
14 Jahre weitere
just a quick suggestion.

if any is using Sql Server 2008, you can use the FileStream functionality that will solve the issue of the large downloadable products.
all you have to do is enable the feature, add a file group of type FileStream and use the varbinary(max) datatype instead of image as in the Nop_Download table.

any thoughts ?
14 Jahre weitere
Downloadable products in the database is the one thing that is stopping from using nopCommerce. The suggestion that your making, where is that to change?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.