Hi Everyone
Our company is a supplier of scientific consumables and chemicals to the global environmental, life science and pharmaceutical industries.  

We carry a considerable number of products, many of which can be similar to each other with only slight, but important differences in their specifications.  

After 5 years with our old website (designed using nopcomerce), we have now had a new website created using version 3.8

Our new site has now been completed and the old site switched off for public viewing.  Unfortunately, however, we have noticed the sequence in which the search criteria for each product group is displayed has changed, but we were not too concerned at the time as we assumed we would simply go into the administration section and select which search criteria would be displayed and also re-arrange the order in which they were displayed as we had done so easily on the previous version of the software.

I was very disturbed to find that on the new website, the ‘Specifications’ tab no longer exists under the ‘Edit Category Details’ section in the administration area.

This facility is absolutely essential to the correct presentation and workings of our website and the customer experience when searching for products.  Without that facility the website simply does not work for us or our customers as it forces all the products individual specifications to be shown on left hand side of the category page as individual search criteria.   This is exactly what we do not want.   The apparent loss of the feature which enables us to select which items show as search fields and the order in which they are displayed is essential to us. I therefore, consider the current software and subsequent website to be a step backwards in its present form without this feature, which was available on the earlier version.

I spoke to the web designers about the problem and they informed me that the facility had been withdrawn as it was not required by the users of the software!?    I cannot believe this to be the case as it is an essential basic feature.

Can anyone confirm if this facility has indeed been withdrawn from the software, if not, then where do we go on the new administration site to perform the facilities which were available under the ‘Specifications’ tab in the earlier version.

If the facility has been removed from the current version of the software, is it possible to re-instate this feature which will enable us to –
1.  Select whether we display or don’t display each of the product search specifications within each individual product group
and
2.  Set the order in which each search specification is displayed on the site, again in each product group.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.