Brands instead of Manufacturers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 Jahre weitere
Hi,

In the following example of a Live site http://www.yourpersonaljeweller.co.uk/ this web designer has made use of 'Collections' instead of Categories (used in the template and the url etc).  I would like to use the term 'Brands' instead of manufacturers, can anyone advise what is needed to make this change please?

I am using v1.70. I have purchased the user manual, but cannot find any reference to this configuration.  Also when I look into the code, Manufacturer seems to be an intergral part of the system, included in filenames...etc .  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps - I am absolutely blown away by nopCommerce! I'm a C# novice, but would love to get involved. Thanks for making such a great open source product!
13 Jahre weitere
Hello! I am new to this software as well, but I think I may have your solution.

Go into the backend and go to Content Management --> Localization and then select your language. Ctrl + F and search for "Manufacturer.Manufacturers". Hit "Edit" and edit the resource value as you see fit. Hope this helps!
13 Jahre weitere
Perfect, that's just what I was looking for Thanks AirplaneBits!

Ive also changed the url to say .../brand/... instead of .../manufacturer/...

I did this by changing the Manufacturer url rewrite format: to {0}Brand/{1}-{2}.aspx
(can be found in 'Global Settings' -> 'SEO/Display')

Then I changed the UrlRewriting.config file:

Changed line From:
<add name="ManufacturerDetailsRewrite" virtualUrl="^~/manufacturer/([0-9]*)-([\w-]*)\.aspx(?:\?(.*))?"

To:
<add name="ManufacturerDetailsRewrite" virtualUrl="^~/brand/([0-9]*)-([\w-]*)\.aspx(?:\?(.*))?"

Works great! Thanks again!
13 Jahre weitere
You could also run an SQL update command to change all instances of the word in one go - assuming you have access to  SQL server management studio. I did the same to change Catagories to Brands and Cart to Basket etc etc.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.