Strange Error on Fresh Install of 4.10

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 Jahre weitere
After I installed NopCommerce 4.10 on AWS and try to install plugins I get a strange unhandled exception error ibut the wierd part is that it mentions Andrei's folders as a source.

I'm confused as to why this would be and how I should fix it.

System.ArgumentException: The 'AppId' option must be provided.
Parameter name: AppId
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ApplicationBuilderExtensions.<>c.<UseNopExceptionHandler>b__1_1(HttpContext context) in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ApplicationBuilderExtensions.cs:line 83
5 Jahre weitere
Sorry to reply to my own post... It has been a while now and I am still receiving errors with these wierd references to folders that don't exist on my server like this:

at StackExchange.Profiling.MiniProfilerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context) in C:\projects\dotnet\src\MiniProfiler.AspNetCore\MiniProfilerMiddleware.cs:line 94
   at Nop.Services.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context) in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Authentication\AuthenticationMiddleware.cs:line 79
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Localization.RequestLocalizationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Session.SessionMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Session.SessionMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Nop.Core.Http.InstallUrlMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context, IWebHelper webHelper) in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Core\Http\InstallUrlMiddleware.cs:line 51
   at Nop.Core.Http.KeepAliveMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context, IWebHelper webHelper) in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Core\Http\KeepAliveMiddleware.cs:line 50

This is the no-source version of NopCommerce 4.10. I tried re-downloading and installing, and editing permissions, but whenever I try to install plug-ins I get these types of errors.

I just want to know why the errors are referencing Andrei's folders, and how I can fix that if I'm using the no-source version.
Thanks for your assistance!
5 Jahre weitere
One more thing... From the error message above, the folder below (in bold) also does not exist:

at StackExchange.Profiling.MiniProfilerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context) in C:\projects\dotnet\src\MiniProfiler.AspNetCore\MiniProfilerMiddleware.cs:line 94
5 Jahre weitere
Ok last post for now. Here is a 500 server error, still pointing to folders in C:\andrei\

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream)
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadBits(WebRequest request, Stream readStream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 chunkSize, Byte[] header, Byte[] footer)
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCollection data)
   at Nop.Services.Tasks.TaskThread.Run() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tasks\TaskThread.cs:line 65
5 Jahre weitere
The file/line info is present in the .pdb files (e.g. the Nop.Services.pdb file in the root folder of your site). Those folder names are the folders that the developer was using for the source code at the time he compiled the application. I would think such detailed info would only be present if the dll was compiled in Debug rather than Release mode, but I could be wrong about that. Determining whether the dll is a debug or release version takes a bit of technical work.

Where did you get your no-source version - from official download? (When did you get it; I vaguely recall that there was a followup to the initial release, but no change in version #)
Did you or anyone do any custom work and recompiled?
5 Jahre weitere
Hi there and thank you for responding!

I downloaded the file from the official download page in September and didn't do any customization except adding products or plugins and themes from NopTemplates). After my initial post, I downloaded and installed it again. I thought about deleting the .pdb files but decided not to mess with that until I knew exactly what I was dealing with.
5 Jahre weitere
I would not be too concerned with the folder names.  Rather, the exceptions themselves.  They would happen in any case, and those are the problems you should be investigating.  If possible, isolate each type of error.  Clear the log.  Do something in the site.  When you see an error (or you can just refresh another browser that has the log page), check the log, and post here (actually in a new separate topic for each type of error ;)
  - what you were doing
  - the full stack trace from the log
5 Jahre weitere
Thanks, I will do that.
5 Jahre weitere
So after making sure the permissions were correct, as per this post https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/57203/500-server-errors-and-access-denied-when-installing-plugins-ver410.aspx

I'm receiving the same message as above with more detail. Here is the log for the development version (with source). It is also happening in the production version (no-source)
Note: It almost looks like it's looking for the facebook external authentication app but this is a new installation and this happens when I try to install any plugin.

Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down.
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[1]
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 DEBUG http://localhost:15536/  0
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 POST http://localhost:15536/scheduletask/runtask application/x-www-form-urlencoded 58
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[2]
      Request finished in 195.5115ms 200
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 POST http://localhost:15536/scheduletask/runtask application/x-www-form-urlencoded 69
fail: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware[1]
      An unhandled exception has occurred while executing the request.
System.ArgumentException: The 'AppId' option must be provided.
Parameter name: AppId
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.Facebook.FacebookOptions.Validate()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.RemoteAuthenticationOptions.Validate(String scheme)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationHandler`1.InitializeAsync(AuthenticationScheme scheme, HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationHandlerProvider.GetHandlerAsync(HttpContext context, String authenticationScheme)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.StatusCodePagesMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.StatusCodePagesMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
fail: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware[1]
      An unhandled exception has occurred while executing the request.
5 Jahre weitere
Hello!

Just in case anyone comes across this post... I just wanted to comment that this issue ended up being a problem with the plugin I was trying to install.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.