Import excel

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 Jahre weitere
Hi all.
I have 500,000 positions of a product.
Import through excel 50.000 lines.
nop Commers accepts 1500 lines for one pass from a file excel 50.000.
How to load 500.000 products faster?
How to allow nopcommerce to load from excel 50000 products?
Help!
(При импорте из excel не загружает более 1500 тысяч товаров, в таблице 50.000)
13 Jahre weitere
Have you tried breaking the excel file into several smaller files, say maybe 2,000 products each?

Shawn
NopAdmin.com Team
13 Jahre weitere
Tried doesn't help more than 1500 doesn't load!
13 Jahre weitere
Hi,

do you get a page timeout or does it just hang?  If you get a timeout error, you can override the default page timeout settings in the code behind.

I guess a last resort, although not pretty is to break each file down into 1,000 products each, basically you'd have 50 files.  Do you have 50,000 or 500,000 products?  Your post has both numbers in it.

Shawn
nopAdmin.com Team
13 Jahre weitere
I have 500.000 products
At import me throws out from NopComerce dashbord :( tu Login in...

Specify where to make changes?

Thx.
13 Jahre weitere
ahhh, OK.. You need to solve this then.  Creating 5,000 files of 1,000 products each is not feasible.
It sounds like either your SQL command , the web page itself , or even your session is timing out .   About how long does it take before you get kicked out?  That could give you a clue.   By default, a session timout is 20 minutes.   SQL command is 30 seconds, and page timeout (in machine.config) is 90 seconds.

Anyway here is an excerpt from a blog post that mentions the various timeout scenarios and how to increase them.

1.If use database, you may get ‘System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired’:
      a: Check your connection string setting for ‘Connect Timeout’:  I.e.
connectionString="Data Source=SNYC14D11511;Initial Catalog=d_dbivt003;Persist Security Info=True;User ID= user;Password= Password;Connect Timeout=4200

b:Check your command object  SqlCommand.CommandTimeout Property, it’s by default 30s

2.Check your Web.config setting when you get error like ‘Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.’:
<system.web>….
<compilation debug="false"/>
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="1200"/>
</system.web>
make sure your set 'compilation debug="false" as well to let timeout setting take effect. Check MSDN for details.

3.Set your proxy class Timeout property (derived from WebClientProtocol.Timeout Property) at client if you get error like this ‘The operation has timed out’: I.e.
proxy.Timeout = System.Threading.Timeout.Infinite;

Hope this helps -

Regards,
Shawn
NopAdmin.com Team
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.