Featured Products Columns

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 Jahre weitere
Hi,

just starting to look at customisation of the portal, and am trying to increase the column count of the featured products. Currently it has two columns, but I'd like to increase that to 3 or maybe 4. I've looked at bestsellers and changed the column from 2 to three, recompile and it still only shows 2 columns. Where else do I need to look for this?
Thanks
13 Jahre weitere
Hi,

I had the same problem.   Did you clear the cache in the admin panel in the top right, then hit F5 in the browser to refresh the page?

Shawn
nopAdmin.com
13 Jahre weitere
HERE'S A TIP:

If you're unsure of the location of code

1. use a browser to look at the page in question, and make note of some text surrounding where you want to change
2. right click an empty spot and choose "view source" from the popup menu
3. the source code window will appear. Type ctrl-F to find the text you noted in #1
4. Look for <div> tags surrounding the text and note their ID or class
5. go back to VS and ctrl-shift-f type to search the entire solution
6. type in the id or class you found in #4
7. look in the find results to see all the locations of that id or class
8. look for results in files .aspx, .ascx, .cs and double click the line in the search results
9. that will bring you right to the code you're looking for.

I followed these steps to find that the class surrounding the "Featured Items" is home-page-product-grid.

By searching the solution, it led me to

HomePageProducts.ascx

^^ That's the file you need to modify.

HTH
Steve.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.