How do I apply changes to a theme?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 Jahre weitere
I an new to nopCommerce and so far I'm really impressed.  I'm to the point where I have created a new style for the site and I'm having issues making the changes stick.  I have created my own theme by copying the default one.  I thne went to the .css file and made some changes and saved them but the changes are not applying.  I copied the theme and applied that and my changes were there.  It appears there is some sort of caching taking place.  Is there somewhere that I need to go to apply my changes besides saving the .css file?  Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in Advance!
13 Jahre weitere
Did you create another theme (another directory in APP_THEMES) or just modifoed orangeDark?
If you created your own you should change the default theme to yours in the admin panel
13 Jahre weitere
LevGe wrote:
Did you create another theme (another directory in APP_THEMES) or just modifoed orangeDark?
If you created your own you should change the default theme to yours in the admin panel

I created a new folder in APP_THEMES and made a few changes and applied it under Configuration > SEO/Display.  The initial changes I made were applied but any subsequent changes I have made since then are not "sticking".
13 Jahre weitere
SOLUTION:::  I changed IIS to immediately expire content on the APP_THEMES folder and my changes started showing up as soon as I made them.  

NOTE: If you do this you will probably want to turn it back off once your changes are made.  That way you can take advantage of browser caching.
13 Jahre weitere
I don't know if you tried it but ctrl+f5 in most browsers will give you the most updated version of the site.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.