Installation problems

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 Jahre weitere
I installed nopcommerce 1.8 locally before, but run into problems which I believe was related to using Visual Web Developer 2008. So I upgraded to Visual Studio 2010 professional/ Net. 4 framework. Now I have downloaded nopcommerce 1.8 (noSource) and trying to run it again.

I purchased the user 1.8 manual and it says in VS 2010 I should open the nopCommerce.snl file for the entire solution to be loaded. However I cannot locate that file. Any advice please?
13 Jahre weitere
you will need to download the 'with source' version - alternatively, try using VS to open you nopcommerce folder as a website

file --> open --> webSite  --> your nopcommerce
13 Jahre weitere
that worked,, thank you
13 Jahre weitere
Ok, I have not been able to get much further. Following the nopcommerce installation I get to step two and I am unable to make progress.

When I got it running locally before I put MY-PC/SQLEXPRESS in the textbox field. Is there a syntax for SQL 2008 2R?

I have tried
MY-PC/sqlserverinstance
MY-PC/instanceName
./sqlserverinstance
./instanceName

and I get either error:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

or

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
13 Jahre weitere
You will have to edit the webconfig file in the sulution and remove the databindings there.  This should reset the connection and allow you to set it up again.
13 Jahre weitere
ags wrote:
When I got it running locally before I put MY-PC/SQLEXPRESS in the textbox field. Is there a syntax for SQL 2008 2R?

I have tried
MY-PC/sqlserverinstance
MY-PC/instanceName
./sqlserverinstance
./instanceName

If you did a standard SQLEXPRESS install then you should put:

.\SQLEXPRESS

in the database instance name and select windows authentication

That should get it running
13 Jahre weitere
dmccallum wrote:
You will have to edit the webconfig file in the sulution and remove the databindings there.  This should reset the connection and allow you to set it up again.

Is the connection in the web.config file or ConnectionStrings.config?
13 Jahre weitere
rcnopcom wrote:

I have tried
MY-PC/sqlserverinstance
MY-PC/instanceName
./sqlserverinstance
./instanceName

If you did a standard SQLEXPRESS install then you should put:

.\SQLEXPRESS

in the database instance name and select windows authentication

That should get it running

Hi, would I be correct in thinking that SQL server 2008 2R is the same as SQL Express except SQL server 2008 2R is shipped with some additional tools?
13 Jahre weitere
I think its mainly to do with data capacity - 10 GB I think in EXPRESS, plus a lot of admin and management features not included in the main SQL.

All runs fine on nopcom 1.8 with SQLEXPRESS tho'
13 Jahre weitere
If you have 2008 R2, open up Sql Management Studio and copy the name of the server connection that pops up.  If you paste that in the connection.config file then everything should get back on track.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.