How to add accessory to item cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 Jahre weitere
I want to have a product and the under that product have an accessorie that can be added before adding the product to the cart.

I have found a way using attributes and checkbox etc. but how can I have the customer select qty. not just one. Iwant the customer to have 1 product but they may want anywhere between 1 and 50 of the accessory.

From what I can work out I would need to have a seperate product. Can all this be listed before the add to cart button or would a lot of custom code be required. Ideally this would be abl to be done via admin.
13 Jahre weitere
Found a sample of what I want to achieve

http://www.locksgalore.com.au/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=1&category=locks_deadlocks_deadlatches_deadlocks
13 Jahre weitere
You can add the other items as attributes and give the attributes price adjusting values (if you have many then they would be best implemented as a drop down list )

re the example you mentioned (above):

you would create the product ( as you probably have ) but rather than adding accessories as attributes, you might add them as product variants (on the product page, click 'product variant sku's' then select 'add new')

the difference is, the way nop works, there is  a buy button beside each variant rather than one buy button that adds all the selected items into the cart at once
13 Jahre weitere
This still leaves the problem with Inventory. From what I can see using attributes for additional items will not come off and inventory list.

The other problem is that you cannot but please tell me if I'm wrong have an attribute with a QTY text box. So you get one item of attribute per product ordered.

I want the customer to be able to order 1 product but say add 10 QTY attributes. The only way arround this may be to add a drop down box for QTY but it would seem like a lot of work to do say 100.

I appreciate your thoughts and comments.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.