Canada Post Shipping module - weight not properly converted?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 Jahre weitere
Hi,

I am trying to use the Canada Post module and it seems like the weight of the items is not getting properly converted.

My base weight unit is grams.

Somehow, when being sent to Canada Post service, it is sent as kg (their base unit).
So an item weighting 50 grams will be quoted to ship as weighting 50kg.

I guess I could change my base unit but it doesn't make much sense for the business I am in.

Anyone had this issue?
13 Jahre weitere
Forgot to mention, I am using nopcommerce v1.90.
13 Jahre weitere
I am getting the exact same error.  Does this not work?  I know all of my values are entered correctly as I moved them over from another working non-nopCommerce system.

ERROR:
Canada Post. Parcel too heavy to be shipped with CPC.

Steve
13 Jahre weitere
canada post default weight measure is pounds,

you can set the default measure of weight to lb in admin
13 Jahre weitere
In the settings, I have went to:

Configuration -> Manage Measures -> Weights ->

- set default from oz to lb to kg, and they all return the same error.

Parcel too heavy to be shipped with CPC.

Steve
13 Jahre weitere
it is important to set the dimensions to inches as well
13 Jahre weitere
it is strange

i am getting error too.

only when i add the dimension for the product like

w =22in
h=22in
d=22in

but if i set 12x12x12 then i donot get the error.

There should be a maximum total dimension limit.
13 Jahre weitere
I did a step-into debugging in January.  I can assure you that this module is sending weight in KG whatever your default unit is.  No conversion attempt is made (5 pounds or 5 grams items will be both quoted as if they weighted 5 kg).

I don't know about the length though, it may be the same problem (value sent as cm).
13 Jahre weitere
When i checked for shipping estimation for a product of dimension

22 in x 22 in x 22in  in canadapost.ca

the shipping is from canada to usa  - toronto to alabama

i get rate of priority worldwide

but when i do the same in the site, i get the same error

Eventhough i clicked all the services in the shipping profile in my account.

Shipping is so bad in nopcommerce, atleast someone suggests us in the right track.

Do you have any idea how much can we charge  per pound , so that we can use order by weight feature to ship across north america. And then we can use canadapost or purolator this would compensate some losses for shipping as well.

Order by weight or Order by total works good.

If there is a good module for purolator, that will be great.
12 Jahre weitere
Sorry for the late reply.

1. It seems that you changed your primary dimension unit and did not update the appropriate values. Please find more details here

2. If you get a "Canada Post Parcel too heavy to be shipped with CPC" error when trying to get a Canada Post shipping rate in your store, you most likely don't have a box big enough setup inside of your Canada Post Sell Online account.  You can get to your Canada Post Sell Online admin area by visiting http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/servlet/LogonServlet and logging in. Once you log in, go to the "Add / Modify / Delete Boxes" link.  In order for you to get a rate for your shipment, you have to have a box configured whose difference between "Weight Limit of Box" and "Box Weight" is greater than or equal to the weight of your shipment.  I.e. if you have a box with a "Weight Limit of Box" of 4KG and a "Box Weight" of 3KG, you can't use that box to ship anything heavier than 1KG (4 - 3).  As of 5.24.11, maximum weight accepted by Canada Post is 30kg for Canadian and US destinations, and 20kg for most International destinations. If you have more questions, contact your Canada Post representative.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.