Installing latest NopCommerce on Godaddy Hosting account

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 Jahre weitere
Alright, So I followed all the directions, but I'm getting the following error when navigating to
www.[mywebsite]/install/install.aspx

Server Error in '/nopcommerce' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Login failed for user 'PHX3\Iusr_7982229'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'PHX3\Iusr_7982229'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'PHX3\Iusr_7982229'.]
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +1019
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +108
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +126
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +125
   System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.OpenStoreConnectionIf(Boolean openCondition, DbConnection storeConnectionToOpen, DbConnection originalConnection, String exceptionCode, String attemptedOperation, Boolean& closeStoreConnectionOnFailure) +52

[EntityException: The underlying provider failed on Open.]
   System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.OpenStoreConnectionIf(Boolean openCondition, DbConnection storeConnectionToOpen, DbConnection originalConnection, String exceptionCode, String attemptedOperation, Boolean& closeStoreConnectionOnFailure) +161
   System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.Open() +98
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.EnsureConnection() +81
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.GetResults(Nullable`1 forMergeOption) +46
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator() +44
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer) +151
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector) +90
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Configuration.Settings.SettingManager.GetAllSettings() +538
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Configuration.Settings.SettingManager.GetSettingByName(String name) +130
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Configuration.Settings.SettingManager.GetSettingValue(String name) +55
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Configuration.Settings.SettingManager.GetSettingValueBoolean(String name, Boolean defaultValue) +57
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Configuration.Settings.SettingManager.GetSettingValueBoolean(String name) +47
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Directory.LanguageService.get_CacheEnabled() +58
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Directory.LanguageService.GetAllLanguages(Boolean showHidden) +237
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.NopContext.get_WorkingLanguage() +498
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Profile.MembershipHttpModule.Application_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2139
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

It's strange though, because nowhere in my connection string does it mention this user. I'm kind of confused, any help is appreciated!
12 Jahre weitere
I believe the username that the error is referring too is specific to the GoDaddy absolute hosting path, and is not actually a username that you use to log in.  If you go to your control panel, you will see something like D:\Hosting\7982229\Html.  The first thing I would do is check your connection string, making sure your SQL database password and username is correct. Verify this by logging into the database in your control panel under databses.  If you can't log in to your SQL database, you've found your problem.  Check the connection string to make sure EVERYTHING is accurate. Username, Password, check to make sure you don't have any extra punctuation in the string like extra quotations, <, >, /, etc. Are you publshing your site from a local environment or did you just FTP all of your files to GoDaddy? Make sure that you make any changes to your connectionstring ONE STEP at a time so that you can see how each change affects the functionality of the site. In other words, if you change your password, save your connectionstring, try again. If it doesn't work, change it back, and make another edit, save, and try again.  Good Luck!
12 Jahre weitere
Here is my connection String:

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=********.db.7982229.hostedresource.com; Initial Catalog=***********; User ID=********; Password=*********;Integrated Security=False; Persist Security Info=False; MultipleActiveResultSets=True; Connect Timeout=120;" />
</connectionStrings>

Everything looks pretty normal to me, plus I am able to log into my database with the supplied credentials.
12 Jahre weitere
As far as I can tell, string looks good. How about your permissions for App Data, Images, and all children folders inherit? All set to Read and write? I got an error similar to this when I tried to initially run install from the root of GoDaddy, because I've seen and read about the inability to invoke write permissions on the root. I was able to get past this by running the install locally first, and then publishing remotely. I'm going to look again at what steps I did and see if I can pinpoint what is bringing your install to a halt.
12 Jahre weitere
Yea all the correct folders have the correct permissions.
12 Jahre weitere
Okay, I went back through and reset some permissions and am no longer getting the previous error. However, I'm now getting this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 34:       </assemblies>
Line 35:     </compilation>
Line 36:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 37:       <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 38:     </authentication>

Source File: D:\hosting\7982229\html\nopcommerce\web.config    Line: 36

Show Additional Configuration Errors:

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\hosting\7982229\html\nopcommerce\web.config line 39
12 Jahre weitere
OK did you start locally? or did you just install files to host?  Also, is your website root www.yoursite.com or www.yoursite.com/nopcommerce? My connection string follows the following format

<connectionStrings>
<add name="NopSqlConnection"
connectionString="Data Source=GODADDY HOST NAME; Initial Catalog=SQL SERVER ID;User ID=YOUR DB USER NAME; Password=YOUR PASSWORD;" />
</connectionStrings>

Initially when I moved from local environment, it had the additional values that you have in your connection string, and I'm trying to recall how they eventually got removed. I know that those values are not essential to the sites operation, but I can't tell you if they will make or break your site, going off my limited experience with SQL.  Checking some more things.
12 Jahre weitere
OK did you start locally? or did you just install files to host?  Also, is your website root www.yoursite.com or www.yoursite.com/nopcommerce? My connection string follows the following format

<connectionStrings>

Yes I started Locally and uploaded the entire NOPcommerce directory through the FTP manager. I ran the sql scripts on my database.

I think the problem might be that I have the entire NOPcommerce directory which I think would make my site www.yoursite.com/nopcommerce. Is this wrong? Should I reupload everything in the nopcommerce directory separately?
12 Jahre weitere
Exactly what I'm thinking.  When I uploaded my site, I didn't upload the entire directory, just it's contents- so some of your SQL scripts, and probably your Web.config file are probably referencing the nopcommerce directory at some point and getting confused.  That's my hunch.  If I were you, I would go back through the process, I had to do that when I hit a brick walls.  When moving from local environment to hosting, I used the Database publishing wizard which was a KEY element in getting the SQL database details over to the GoDaddy SQL database. Without that step, it wouldn't have ever worked. I had SQL 2008 R2 on local environment, but GoDaddy doesn't provide a Publishing Wizard Connection URL (necessary to transfer DB details to GoDaddy) for 2008.  I had to use the database Publishing Wizard to write a script to convert the SQL 2008 DB that I created locally to 2005 format, and then it was all downhill. I would Re-FTP all of the files from the site you created locally (by the way , are you using WebMatrix, IIS, or Visual Web Developer for localhost?) I used a little of Web Matrix, and the rest I did manually. I would then re-configure the permissions, make sure that the site is going to the root, so do not upload the entire directory via FTP. If necessary, just drag and drop all the files in the directory through FTP to GoDaddy. I did not wish to have my URL www.mysite.com/store etc, just not practical.  Once you FTP your files, then I would create the databases, making sure you use the tool or a script to publish your local db details to GoDaddy.  Then do everything else, editing your connection strings where needed and try again. Hope this helps
12 Jahre weitere
gary7101 wrote:
I may be able to help you in the evening or over a weekend.  

Another issue you will run into is the PDF generator used by nopCommerce does not support a less than full trust environment.  Unless you are paying for your own virtual server, it will not work.

I found an open source PDF generator and updated the source code for nopCommerce and the PDF generator and have it working now.  I will upload the source and instructions once I have cleaned it up and tested it a little more.

What time zone are you in and how soon do you need help?

Hi asmrtwo,

I'd like to see your solution for this issue!

Thank you for the effort!

Were you able to fix PDF issue in nopCommerce V1.9 on godaddy hosting?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.