Why is NopCommerce flagging international card?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 Jahre weitere
We implemented nopCommerce in our website solution.

Although pre-validation with US-based credit cards is working correctly, it is incorrectly flagging international credit cards, specifically a Visa card (I have not tried MC cards). It tells me it is an invalid credit card number, even though it is indeed a valid credit card number.

I'm not sure what prevalidation nopCommerce uses, but Luhn's Formula (if it's one of the validations being used) is not the problem. I checked the credit card number with Luhn's, and the number is valid.

So what other validation is nopCommerce doing that it's incorrectly flagging this credit card?

Thanks.
13 Jahre weitere
Nobody knows or nobody cares?

I am positive there are ecommerce solutions with better support, even if I have to pay.
13 Jahre weitere
Well not sure that no one cares. There are any lots of people successfully using the site and many responses every day. I don't think it's anyone's responsibility to jump on and give answers to anyone just because they need them.

Many requests are from supposed developers who don't really know what they are doing and so if some posts do go unrespnded it then maybe you need to do more homework or provide more info about what is going wrong. Maybe it's because no one else has the problem with hardware or other configuration similar to yours? Or maybe the questions is to hard for a simple post with a lot of background knowledge.

I suppose the first question is where in the flow is the error being caused, what routine, have you followed it right through with the debugger. No other way to know what's going wrong in your particulay world unless you give more details.

Good lock with it.
A
13 Jahre weitere
Fair enough.

I'll find the requested information and let you know.

Thanks.
13 Jahre weitere
vmhatup wrote:
We implemented nopCommerce in our website solution.

Although pre-validation with US-based credit cards is working correctly, it is incorrectly flagging international credit cards, specifically a Visa card (I have not tried MC cards). It tells me it is an invalid credit card number, even though it is indeed a valid credit card number.

I'm not sure what prevalidation nopCommerce uses, but Luhn's Formula (if it's one of the validations being used) is not the problem. I checked the credit card number with Luhn's, and the number is valid.

So what other validation is nopCommerce doing that it's incorrectly flagging this credit card?

Thanks.

it's quite possible that the problem is not NopCommerce, but rather your payment gateway processor. Most US-based processors cannot verify international addresses and as a result attempts to submit payment on your site using a credit card issued to an address outside the US will fail with an AVS error. Checking your logs will confirm this. A solution would be to add a processor that can verify international addresses such as Paypal. Hope this sheds some light.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.