High RAM usage on SmarterASP.net nopCommerce 4.30

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 Jahre weitere
I am using SmarterASP.net to host my nopCommerce 4.30 web application.  I am experiencing high RAM usage and I am wondering if high RAM usage is a known issue with nopCommerce using .NET Core 3.1.

With my nopCommerce setup I am using Hosting Model (Out Of Process) and I am wondering if this is the issue.  I am using Out of Process because I am hosting another site using the same hosting plan.  I learned the hard way that SmarterASP.net subscription plan (.NET Premium) does not support multiple sites using the (In Process) Hosting Model. I can have multiple sites only if they are (Out Of Process).

What options do I have with nopCommerce to reduce the RAM usages?

I added an additional 512MB of RAM as a temporary fix to prevent the website from rebooting when the application pool exceeded the limit and forced a restart.  Here is a snapshot of what my current RAM usages is.  It goes up throughout the day and doesn't seem to go do. I am only seeing a same number of website visitors throughout the day. So I don't know why the RAM usages does not go down.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13O1_4u-PEA2wEIObEBEYHt19Z7gSn6sM/view?usp=sharing
3 Jahre weitere
Hi,

We always recommend hosting nopCommerce sites on a VPS or Cloud rather than using shared hosting similar to what SmarterASP provides. Even if you have a small site with less number of visitors, we recommend using minimum 1.5 GB RAM per site and a Boosted SSD or pure SSD harddisk.

You can try https://contabo.com VPS as they are very cheap and promising too. Plus, they have servers in USA location too.

Best regards,
Atul
3 Jahre weitere
Check your System > Warnings.  Have you removed any plugins that you are not using?

Check the recommendations for "Performance settings" in the Performance Guide.
3 Jahre weitere
Before trying anything else make sure you have the latest version of 4.3 nopcommerce.

Yes, there was a former 4.3 buggy version too. I did the mistake to install it through the appinstaller on my smarter.asp shared hosting. I was getting app pool restarts every couple of hours. I contacted them and they told me to buy more RAM. I did but nothing changed.
Then I got it, I had a buggy installation.

Now, my latest 4.3 installation (downloaded from the nopcommerce site) has about 200 products and it uses max 400 mb of Ram. It is in a demo mode, no customers, no traffic yet.

Mind that the in process mode is not exactly a matter of the hoster policy. Each app pool (shared hosting package) can host one in process app.

Smarter Asp is a very cheap hoster, you can not expect them to provide you with a single app pool for every single site.

I have found a couple of other hosters for running nop apps that you get a lot of RAM but I don't want to advertise them here.
3 Jahre weitere
SmarterASP also has "Semi Dedicated" plans.  They are more expensive than the basic shared hosting, but less than a VPS (and you don't need to 'manage' them yourself).
3 Jahre weitere
May be you can try this too.
3 Jahre weitere
Here is my current fix solution with SmarterASP.Net.  I uninstalled plugins that the store was not using.  This seemed to reduce the RAM somewhat, but did not stop the RAM from going over the 512 MB limit the .NET Premium plan provides.  I than purchased an additional 512 MB Ram for 3 months. I now have a total of 1024 MB RAM.  I have been monitoring the RAM usage and the site is staying under 768 MB of RAM.  

However the amount of RAM needed is depended on the number of websites you are running from a single hosting account.  Currently I am running 2 websites a nopCommerce site and a non-nopCommerce site.  Both sites are .Net Core 3.1.  The non-nopCommerce site is very basic with very little traffic and is using a small amount of RAM.  In the future I will setup any new nopCommerce sites with a separate Semi-Basic hosting plan which includes 1024 MB RAM
3 Jahre weitere
you should visit https://www.hostadvice.com for more hosting option.
3 Jahre weitere
hjksunderlin wrote:
Here is my current fix solution with SmarterASP.Net.  I uninstalled plugins that the store was not using.  This seemed to reduce the RAM somewhat, but did not stop the RAM from going over the 512 MB limit the .NET Premium plan provides.  I than purchased an additional 512 MB Ram for 3 months. I now have a total of 1024 MB RAM.  I have been monitoring the RAM usage and the site is staying under 768 MB of RAM.  

However the amount of RAM needed is depended on the number of websites you are running from a single hosting account.  Currently I am running 2 websites a nopCommerce site and a non-nopCommerce site.  Both sites are .Net Core 3.1.  The non-nopCommerce site is very basic with very little traffic and is using a small amount of RAM.  In the future I will setup any new nopCommerce sites with a separate Semi-Basic hosting plan which includes 1024 MB RAM

Since nopCommerce require high RAM to run, it is highly recommended to purchase VPS. With VPS, your site will run more stable. You may check Asphostportal, they provide affordable VPS solution. Other recommendation for you is Liquidweb.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.