Installation Page won't open?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 Jahr weitere
I have downloaded latest version of nopcommerce and I think done everything correctly.

I have opened the NopCommerce.sln file in Visual Studio and "Run" after also installing Sql Server Express and Sql Server Management Studio and creating a database therein.

This is on a brand new PC running Windows 11

Everything seemed to run ok but when I hit "Run" I was expecting to see the installation page to register the details of the newly created database but nothing happens - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Dave
1 Jahr weitere
What do you see?  Any error message?
1 Jahr weitere
No error message whatsoever, but I get this in the output box:

Build started...
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 5 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Not sure what any of that means?
1 Jahr weitere
DaveMeister wrote:
No error message whatsoever, but I get this in the output box:

Build started...
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 5 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Not sure what any of that means?

Tried Rebuilding it and got a message ending in:

4>Nop.Web.Framework -> C:\Users\DrJoh\OneDrive\Desktop\Nopcommerce\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\bin\Debug\net6.0\Nop.Web.Framework.dll
5>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Nop.Web, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
5>Nop.Web -> C:\Users\DrJoh\OneDrive\Desktop\Nopcommerce\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\bin\Debug\net6.0\Nop.Web.dll
========== Rebuild All: 5 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Tried running again and got no message what so ever....
1 Jahr weitere
What version of Visual Studio are you running?  And do you have enough memory?  You need about 300 MB free to launch it in a browser.  I just tried it.  It's a little slow, but eventually it launched in my browser (Chrome).  I'm also using Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition.
1 Jahr weitere
How are you running it in VS? (which choice in the dropdown near the run button - IIS Express? Nop.Web?)

Open the VS Output Window.  Select Debug in drop down.  Run the app. Does anything show in output window?
1 Jahr weitere
Just out of interest have you been able to Build and Run the released version ?
Downlaoded nere https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/download-nopcommerce
1 Jahr weitere
New York wrote:
How are you running it in VS? (which choice in the dropdown near the run button - IIS Express? Nop.Web?)

Open the VS Output Window.  Select Debug in drop down.  Run the app. Does anything show in output window?

Thank you,

This where I went wrong - being inexperienced I did not realise I needed to select Nop.Web here.

I did watch this video:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=installing+nopcommerce&&view=detail&mid=D4F3F1E57012BA3F3BF3D4F3F1E57012BA3F3BF3&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dinstalling%2Bnopcommerce%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

The resolution isn't great but it doesn't seem to indicate nop.web is selected, maybe a different version of VS

A big thank you to everyone for your replies!
1 Jahr weitere
Yidna wrote:
Just out of interest have you been able to Build and Run the released version ?
Downlaoded nere https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/download-nopcommerce

Hi Yidna,

Yes this is the version I downloaded - I now have the installation page running and need to configure that but it is running as expected.

Thanks
1 Jahr weitere
RE: "I did not realise I needed to select Nop.Web here"
I've run it in both ways.  Typically using IIS Express (as it is the default).  Maybe it is something about your settings:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IIS Express\config\templates\PersonalWebServer\applicationhost.config
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.