Shipping method available for the product which shipping is disabled

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 Jahr weitere
Hello!

OK scenario: When product has shipping disabled (IsShipEnabled is not true) and going to the checkout, then shipping methods are not available (only if "Pick Up in Store" is enabled, then only this is displayed)
NOT OK scenario: When product which has shipping disabled is added to the cart with another product which shipping is enabled, then shipping methods are available - NOT OK because as I think logically if at least one product in checkout has shipping methods disabled, then NOP should not return shipping methods in checkout.

I have tested with different versions (4.3, 4.4, 4.5) and the problem appears in all.

Is it a bug or is there some kind of a built in setting which can fix that problem? Could not find a topic about this.
1 Jahr weitere
What shipping method ?
It depends on the shipping method
If it is enabled then it is upto the Shipping Method to determine if it displays it self and the shipping options available.
1 Jahr weitere
Shipping method is configured under /Admin/Shipping/Providers
-> used "Manual (Fixed or By Weight and By Total)"
-> and added record (rule) with Courier
1 Jahr weitere
In this plugin it's by design, at least one product with shipping is enough for the shipping methods to be displayed. You can customize this as you wish (see GetShippingOptions method).
1 Jahr weitere
Thank you for the answer!
We see that it would be a very good new development for store business requirements as they can not really allow products to ship if it's disabled and it's making lots of confusion to both sides when shipping is available with another product, but client really can't see that and hopes that it is shipped.
1 Jahr weitere
Mmmm.. .  I'm not sure that it's accurate to say "It depends on the shipping method", and  that "You can customize [that method]"...
The core ShippingService calls CreateShippingOptionRequestsAsync, which checks each cart item for
IsShipEnabledAsync, and thus only ship enabled items are passed to the shipping method plugins.
Although I suppose the plugin could do some additional 'queries' to see that there is also a non-shippable item in the cart, it seems be 'too late', since I think what the poster wants is that only "Pick Up in Store" is available.

Note, that 'by design' one can't assume that the non-shippable item 'requires pickup', since some stores may sell 'services' or deliver products electronically (e.g. via email, subscriptions, etc.)

(P.S. If you want to work with existing system, I think the Shipping Director plugin may be able to see that the cart does have that non-shippable item and put up a message.  Let me know if interested.)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.